Delegation to the Philippines
26/02/2015 - EU and partners to conduct "Peace Forum: Gaps and Gasps in Peace Reportage" on 26 February at Ateneo de Manila University [218 KB]
The Delegation of the European Union to the Philippines together with its partners will hold a forum on "Gaps and Gasps in Peace Reportage" on 26 February at Escaler Hall, Ateneo de Manila University.
The Peace Forum is linked to the EU Peace Journalism Awards which was launched in Cotabato City last year. Seasoned peace journalists such as Ed Lingao of ABC – 5, Veronica Uy Vitug of Interaksyon, Joe Torres of the Photojournalists' Center of the Philippines and Rorie Fajardo of the Institute for War and Peace Reporting will share their experiences in peace reportage
24/02/2015 - EU supports the LGU PFM Reform Roadmap for better service delivery [198 KB]
The Local Government Units Public Financial Management (LGU PFM) Reform Roadmap and Implementation Strategy shall be launched on February 24, 2015 at the Century Park Hotel, Manila by Budget and Management Secretary Florencio B. Abad and European Union Ambassador Guy Ledoux.
23/02/2015 - "We inspire each other campaign" of the EU to be launched on 23 February 2015 [177 KB]
Today, the European Union Delegation is launching a media campaign to increase awareness and understanding of the European Union and its relation with the Philippines.
Although the relationship between the European Union and the Philippines is deep and maturing, the relevance of the European Union to daily interaction is not well understood by all decision-makers in the Philippines.
"How many Filipinos would guess that the European Union is the largest investor in the Philippines, that the European Union is the fourth largest trading partner of the Philippines or that the EU is the second largest source of remittances from Filipino OWFs?" asked EU Ambassador Guy Ledoux.
see more at We inspire each other
Working together with the Philippines
DELGOSEA is a transnational network of local governments and their associations, academics, civil society organisations and media for the promotion and exchange of best practices on local governance in Southeast Asia.
- 19/02/15 - European Commission stands by Italy on coping with migratory pressure on Lampedusa
- Press release European Commission Brussels, 19 February 2015 Today the European Commission has announced that it is stepping up its assistance to Italy. Firstly, the Frontex Joint Operation Triton will be extended until at least the end of 2015.
- 18/02/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the appointment of Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici and the formation of the government in the Republic of Moldova
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement 18 February 2015 We congratulate Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici on his appointment and on the formation of the new government. We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation and swiftly implementing our Association Agreement to the benefit of the people.
- 17/02/15 - EU police mission for the Palestinian territories get new Head of Mission
- 15/02/15 - Statement by the European Commission following the attacks in Copenhagen
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement Brussels, 15 February 2015 The European Commission and the High Representative deplore the attacks in Copenhagen costing the life of at least two citizens and injuring several others. Even one life is one too many. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families.