European Union Delegation to Norway
Kommisjonen har nå presentert sin strategi for å oppnå en sterk energiunion med en fremtidsrettet klimapolitikk. Energiunionen er en av hovedprioriteringene til Juncker-kommisjonen.
18/02/2015 - Besøk til Porsgrunn kommune
Ambassadør ved EU-delegasjonen, Helen Campbell, besøkte Porsgrunn kommune og Herøya industripark.
EUs regjeringssjefer møttes torsdag 12. februar til et uformelt toppmøte, under ledelse av Det europeiske råds president Donald Tusk. Tema for møtet var de tre største utfordringene Europa nå står overfor; gjenopprette fred i Ukraina, bekjempe terrorisme og forbedre den europeiske monetære union, med situasjonen i Hellas etter onsdagens eurogruppe-møte som bakteppe.
The idea behind the Single Market is simplicity itself: treat the EU as one territory where people, money, goods and services interact freely to stimulate competition and trade, and improved efficiency. The increased choice of goods and services will raise quality and cut prices. It is the basic recipe for prosperity.
As part of the EEA Agreement, Norway is part of the European Single Market. In practice, the Agreement allows goods, capital, services and people to circulate freely in the whole EEA Area, including the EFTA countries Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. To ensure that equal rights apply for all companies in the area, the EEA Agreement also features common rules for competition and state subsidies.
From 1 January 2015 new rules for taxation of telecommunications, broadcasting and electronic services will be implemented.
- 19/02/15 - European Commission stands by Italy on coping with migratory pressure on Lampedusa
- Press release European Commission Brussels, 19 February 2015 Today the European Commission has announced that it is stepping up its assistance to Italy. Firstly, the Frontex Joint Operation Triton will be extended until at least the end of 2015.
- 18/02/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the appointment of Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici and the formation of the government in the Republic of Moldova
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement 18 February 2015 We congratulate Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici on his appointment and on the formation of the new government. We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation and swiftly implementing our Association Agreement to the benefit of the people.
- 17/02/15 - EU police mission for the Palestinian territories get new Head of Mission
- 15/02/15 - Statement by the European Commission following the attacks in Copenhagen
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement Brussels, 15 February 2015 The European Commission and the High Representative deplore the attacks in Copenhagen costing the life of at least two citizens and injuring several others. Even one life is one too many. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families.