Information to the public regarding Schengen visa
General requirements for obtaining a visa
- Application for Schengen Visa - Application form (completed and signed)(*)
- Original passport(*) valid for travel to the Members States to visit. The passport validity must exceed the planned stay in the Schengen Area with at least three months. The passport must have been issued within the last ten years.
- Complete photocopies of original passport, except blank pages.
- Previous passport in original if a new passport has been issued within the last three years.
- Photocopy of the national ID card (both sides).
- Two color photos(*) not more then six months old, passport size (45 mm x 35 mm), full face and taken against a light background. Click here for specifications information.
- Individual medical travel insurance which covers all costs that could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid for the duration of the stay in all the Schengen countries. Click here [97 KB] for the list of agreed insurance companies.
- Preliminary ticket booking or travel itinerary (it is not necessary to buy a flight ticket at this stage).
- Payment or proof of payment of the visa fee(*) (where applicable)
(*) If your application lacks any of the above documents marked (*) it is considered inadmissible and your documents, including application fee will be returned to you without further notice. (Visa Codex art. 19:3).
Please note :
- All submitted documents must be in English or in the language of the Member State
- An interview may be required at the Embassy or by phone
- That you may be asked to provide further information or documentary evidence in addition to the above guidelines
|Important notice :
The mere submission of the listed documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Individual assessments are made in every case.
For specific purpose of visit as listed below, there are additional requirements. Please refer to the corresponding link.