24/07/14 - Five Jamaicans awarded scholarships to study in Europe [199 KB]
Five Jamaicans have been awarded scholarships under the European Union's Erasmus Mundus programme for 2014. This confirms the positive trend started last year when there was a record six recipients. The recipients were this afternoon honored at a Farewell reception held at the Jamaica Pegasus. The list includes four graduates who will pursue advanced degrees, including one doctoral student who was previously awarded a scholarship under the same programme to pursue her master's study. The fifth recipient is an administrative staff member from the University of the West Indies who will participate in a staff exchange programme which helps to facilitate the development of services offered at the participating institution.
09/07/14 - SALE OF MOTOR VEHICLE [44 KB]
The Delegation of the European Union to Jamaica will sell by Public Auction a used 2005 BMW 520 in working condition. Interested parties can collect a Bid Form from the Delegation's office, at 8 Olivier Road, Kingston 8, from
Tuesday, July 1 to Thursday, July 17, 2014.
30/06/14 - Former sugar workers lauds the EU and Government of Jamaica for new homes [112 KB]
"What I'm experiencing now is a wonderful thing; a big big improvement on where we are coming from. I give thanks to the Prime Minister for joining with the European Union to provide this opportunity for us. I am sick and wheelchair bound and look I can move around comfortably in here. Hurricane ah come, I don't have to worry", said 58 year old Ercelyn Black, a former Field Supervisor at the Frome Estate as she sat beaming in her living room in Barham, Westmoreland. Ercelyn is one of 84 beneficiaries who will reside in the new housing units which were constructed at three sites in the parish under the EU supported Sugar Barracks relocation project.
Keys to the new homes were officially handed over this morning at a ceremony in Shrewsberry, Westmoreland which was attended by Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller, Agriculture Minister Roger Clarke and Charge d'Affaires of the European Union in Jamaica, Jesús Orús Báguena.
- 18/06/14 - J$46 million Community Centre opened in Parade Gardens [93 KB]
- 10/06/14 - Call for Proposal: "Watershed and Coastal Management in the context of Climate Change in Latin America and Caribbean (WATERCLIMA LAC)" [181 KB]
- 01/06/14 - Note of Clarification on reported involvement of the EU with the Negril Breakwater Project [196 KB]
- 14/05/14 - EU Ambassador participates in activities to celebrate Europe Day [2 MB]
- 09/05/14 - EU hands over J$11.5 billion in development assistance to the government of Jamaica as it marks Europe Day 2014 [211 KB]
- 06/05/14 - EU facilitates discussion on rehabilitation programmes in prison between officials in Jamaica and Belize [139 KB]
- 07/04/14 - EU supported Poverty Reduction Programme improves learning environment for Hazard Primary in Clarendon
- 31/03/14 - Joint Press Rlease: Belize - European Union Political Dialogue [261 KB]
- 17/03/14 - NON-AWARD-NOTICE for Belize Security Tender EEAS-208-DELJAMK-BZ-SER-FWC-2014 [55 KB]
- 17/03/14 - Jamaica Security Tender AWARD NOTICE [98 KB]
- 28/02/14 - PRE-NOTIFICATION OF CALL FOR PROPOSALS - Africa Caribbean Pacific – European Union Natural Disaster Risk Reduction Programme (ACP-EU NDRR)
- 20/02/14 - EU Head encourages better police-community relations as upgraded police station is handed over in Tivoli Gardens
- 13/02/14 - Infrastructure Improvements to commence at archaeological sites [2 MB]
- 12/02/14 - EU Ambassador, British High Commissioner and Government Officials tour vector sites slated for benefit under new EU/PAHO project [2 MB]
- 06/02/14 - Sugar workers in Trelawny get keys to new homes with EU support [95 KB]