On 9 May 1950 Robert Schuman called on the nations of Europe to unite and make war on our continent impossible. 65 years later, his message of peace and unity is as relevant as ever.
- 16/03/15 - Council conclusions on the EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the ISIL/Da'esh threat
- 16/03/15 - High Representative Federica Mogherini to appoint EU Special Representatives to the Middle East Peace Process and to Central Asia
Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for
Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the
Commission, has proposed the appointment of new Special Representatives
to support the work of the European Union on two important foreign
policy files. The candidates have been endorsed by EU Member States in
the Political and Security Committee today pending a final decision by
- 08/03/15 - Statement on the occasion of International Women's Day
First Vice-President Frans Timmermans,EU High Representative/Commission Vice-President Federica Mogherini,Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos,International Cooperation and Development Commissioner Neven Mimica,Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility Commissioner Marianne Thyssen,Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Commissioner Christos Stylianides,Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality Commissioner Vera Jourová said: "Europe has been promoting gender equality since 1957 – it is part of the European Union's DNA.
- 19/02/15 - Press release following the meeting between the High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini and the Secretary General of the League of Arab States (LAS), Dr. Nabil El Araby
The High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini met today
with the Secretary General of the League of Arab States (LAS), Dr. Nabil
El Araby, in Brussels.
- 17/02/15 - Statement of the spokesperson on the killings in Iraq
"The murder of a large number of residents of al-Baghdadi town in
western Iraq, who are reported to have been burned alive, is further
evidence of the denial by Da'esh's of human life and dignity.
- 15/02/15 - Meeting between the High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif
- 12/02/15 - European Parliament resolution on the humanitarian crisis in Iraq and Syria, in particular in the IS context
- 10/02/15 - Rule of Law conference in Iraq
Within the framework of the project on “Strengthening the Efficiency and Credibility of the Criminal Justice System and Enhancing the Rule of Law in Iraq”, the Delegation of European Union to Iraq, in cooperation with the team of experts and the National Security Council Coordinator Hamza Sharif, organized the first Rule of Law coordination conference.
- 08/02/15 - Elements for an EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the Da'esh threat - Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Councilpdf [201 KB]
- 05/02/15 - Local EU Statement on the First Anniversary of the adoption of the Iraqi National Action Plan for the implementation of the UN Security Council resolution 1325 on women, peace and security [192 KB]
The European Union wishes to congratulate the Republic of Iraq on the occasion of the first anniversary - tomorrow - of the adoption of the Iraqi National Action Plan for the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security which, 15 years after its adoption, remains as relevant as ever. The Action Plan constitutes an important tool for strengthening the role of women in Iraqi society, their participation in national and local decision making, their contribution to the resolution of conflicts and for making sure that their rights are not violated.
- 22/12/14 - Remarks of the High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini in Baghdad, Iraq
Joint press conference by Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the
Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the
EC, Ibrahim Al-Jafaari, Iraqi Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Bert
Koenders, Dutch Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Elements for an EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the Da'esh threat - Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Councilpdf [201 KB]