19/02/15 - Press release following the meeting between the High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini and the Secretary General of the League of Arab States (LAS), Dr. Nabil El Araby
The High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini met today
with the Secretary General of the League of Arab States (LAS), Dr. Nabil
El Araby, in Brussels.
"The murder of a large number of residents of al-Baghdadi town in
western Iraq, who are reported to have been burned alive, is further
evidence of the denial by Da'esh's of human life and dignity.
- 12/02/15 - European Parliament resolution on the humanitarian crisis in Iraq and Syria, in particular in the IS context
- 10/02/15 - Rule of Law conference in Iraq
Within the framework of the project on “Strengthening the Efficiency and Credibility of the Criminal Justice System and Enhancing the Rule of Law in Iraq”, the Delegation of European Union to Iraq, in cooperation with the team of experts and the National Security Council Coordinator Hamza Sharif, organized the first Rule of Law coordination conference.
- 08/02/15 - Elements for an EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the Da'esh threat - Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Councilpdf [201 KB]
- 05/02/15 - Local EU Statement on the First Anniversary of the adoption of the Iraqi National Action Plan for the implementation of the UN Security Council resolution 1325 on women, peace and security [192 KB]
The European Union wishes to congratulate the Republic of Iraq on the occasion of the first anniversary - tomorrow - of the adoption of the Iraqi National Action Plan for the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security which, 15 years after its adoption, remains as relevant as ever. The Action Plan constitutes an important tool for strengthening the role of women in Iraqi society, their participation in national and local decision making, their contribution to the resolution of conflicts and for making sure that their rights are not violated.
- 22/12/14 - Remarks of the High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini in Baghdad, Iraq
Joint press conference by Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the
Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the
EC, Ibrahim Al-Jafaari, Iraqi Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Bert
Koenders, Dutch Minister for Foreign Affairs
- 10/12/14 - EU diplomats visit Iraq National Museum to enhance cultural cooperation
The European Union (EU) and the 28 EU Member States are committed to promote bilateral cooperation with Iraq in the field of culture, in order to enhance mutual understanding and foster cultural relations between partners.
- 07/12/14 - HR/VP attends Global Coalition to Counter the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)
EU High Representative Federica Mogherini attended the first ministerial
level meeting of the Global Coalition to Counter the Islamic State of
Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which was held at the invitation of U.S.
Secretary of State John Kerry in Brussels on 3 December 2014.
- 07/12/14 - The HR/VP Mogherini meets the Iraqi PM Al Abadi
The High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and
Security Policy, and Vice President of the Commission, Federica
Mogherini, met this morning the Iraqi Prime Minister, Haidar al Abadi,
accompanied by the Iraqi minister for Foreign Affairs, Ibrahimi al
- 25/11/14 - Joint Statement on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25 November 2014
Discrimination and violence against women continues around the world, in all societies and regions. Women are harassed, raped, mutilated, beaten or murdered, even in their own homes.
- 16/11/14 - Statement by High Representative/ Vice President Federica Mogherini on conclusion of the agreement between the Iraqi federal government and the Government of the Kurdistan Region on transfer of revenues and oil
- 29/10/14 - Press Statement on project “Strengthening the Efficiency and Credibility of the Criminal Justice System and Enhancing the Rule of Law in Iraq” launch [193 KB]
- 13/10/14 - Joint Declaration by the European Union and the Council of Europe on the European and World Day against the Death Penalty [437 KB]
- 14/09/14 - Ambassador Jana Hybaskova speech at the European Parliament.
- 10/09/14 - Statement on the formation of the new government in Iraq
"We congratulate Prime Minister Haider Al Abadi on the formation of the new government and the presentation of a demanding programme.
- 04/09/14 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the murder of the American journalist Steven Sotloff [465 KB]
- 26/08/14 - VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
- 11/08/14 - Statement on the deterioration of the situation in Iraq [112 KB]
- 10/08/14 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the occasion of the International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples, 9 August 2014 [289 KB]
- 05/08/14 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the situation in northern Iraq [429 KB]
- 16/07/14 - Press Statement on electing a new Speaker for the Council of Representatives [183 KB]
- 02/07/14 - Notification to grant beneficiaries with an ongoing contract [130 KB]
Following the entry into force of the Regulation (EU) n° 236/2014 of 11th March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union's instruments for external action (CIR) and of the revised Annex IV to the Cotonou Agreement adopted on the 20th June 2014, new eligibility rules have to be applied in calls for tenders to be launched at the latest on 1 August 2014. In case you have not received a notification on this matter, please contact your contracting authority.
- 29/06/14 - Council conclusions on Iraq [80 KB]
- 24/06/14 - EU announces increased humanitarian assistance to Iraqis fleeing from violence [65 KB]
- 05/06/14 - Statement on elections in Iraq
"The EU welcomes the conduct of the third elections for the Council of Representatives on schedule and in accordance with the Iraqi Constitution. This is an important step in the construction of Iraq’s democracy. The EU condemns in the strongest terms the acts of violence that sought to derail the electoral process and led to the loss of many lives. Therefore, we pay tribute to the courage of the many Iraqi citizens who despite the security situation, which in some regions prevented a normal conduct of the elections, went out to cast their votes defying the risks and showing, once again, their commitment to Iraq's democracy and to participation in truly competitive elections. The vote counting operation should now be completed speedily and transparently, leading to the swift formation of a truly representative government, able to address the many challenges facing Iraq."
- 28/03/14 - Local EU Statement in Iraq on the occasion of the upcoming parliamentary elections
- Elements for an EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the Da'esh threat - Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Councilpdf [201 KB]