24/11/15 - Joint Statement ahead of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25 November 2015
Ahead of the occasion of the International Day for the elimination of violence against women, we join our voices to put an end to violence against women and girls. This violence constitutes a blatant violation of human rights and gender discrimination that blights every country in Europe and worldwide.
Through its European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), the EU works with its
southern and eastern neighbours to achieve the closest possible
political association and the greatest possible degree of economic
integration. The policy helps the EU to support and foster stability,
security and prosperity.
- 14/11/15 - “After Paris attacks, the international community needs to unite” - Mogherini at Syria talks in Vienna
"L'Europe est avec la France et le peuple français." The High
Representative Federica Mogherini expressed her grief last night soon
after the terrorist attacks in Paris and again this morning, when she
arrived in Vienna for the second round of talks on a political solution
for the crisis in Syria. "It is another sad day," Mogherini told the
media. "The meeting we are having here in Vienna should take another
kind of meaning."
- 10/11/15 - Council adopts new EU action plan on human rights and democracy, "Keeping human rights at the heart of the EU agenda"
- 02/11/15 - Declaration by the High Representative Federica Mogherini on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists, 2 November 2015
- 01/11/15 - Statement by the Delegation of the European Unionand the Embassies of the European Union Member States in Iraq on the situation in the Kurdistan Region
- 31/10/15 - Joint Press Release by the National Security Adviser of Iraq and the EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator at the occasion of the third Euro-Mediterranean FOREIGN FIGHTERS MEETING, BAGHDAD 27-28 OCTOBER
- 30/10/15 - Statement of the Spokesperson on the attack on Camp Hurriya, Iraq
- 10/10/15 - JOINT STATEMENT
- 08/10/15 - The European Union delivers EUR 9 million in humanitarian assistance in Kirkuk
- 05/10/15 - Declaration by the High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the European Union in support of the reform efforts of the Iraqi government
- 09/09/15 - Refugee Crisis: European Commission takes decisive action
Delivering on the European Agenda on Migration from May, the European Commission is today putting forward a comprehensive package of proposals which will help address the refugee crisis.
- 09/09/15 - Speech delivered by Konstantinos VARDAKIS, Chargé d'Affaires a.i., Delegation of the European Union to Iraq, on the occasion of the Conference on Minorities
- 27/08/15 - EU urges reinstating moratorium following recent executions in Autonomous Region of Kurdistan in Iraq
With no executions carried out in the Autonomous Region of Kurdistan
since 2008, the Kurdistan Region Government (KRG) has set a progressive
example in a troubled region, and demonstrated that it is possible to
ensure a high level of security without resorting to capital punishment.
- 23/08/15 - Press Release on the opening of European Union Liaison Office in Erbil (KRG)
The European Union Delegation to Iraq opened a liaison Office in Erbil to support the current activities of the delegation in humanitarian fields and achieve the stability, progress and reconstruction by coordination between the EU and UN, non- donor and NGOs with KRG and local governments.
- 19/08/15 - The European Union supports humanitarian action
The European Union is committed to protecting humanitarian workers and supports World Humanitarian Day every year on 19 August. Today marks the day in 2003 when 22 humanitarians lost their lives in the bombing of the UN Headquarters in Baghdad, Iraq. It is a day to honour the brave men and women who risk their lives while they provide help to people who suffer and to draw attention to the increasing dangers faced by humanitarian workers.
- 09/08/15 - Declaration by the High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples
While we celebrate today the International Day of the World's Indigenous
Peoples, we take stock of the progress achieved towards ending all
forms of discrimination and in ensuring that indigenous peoples' rights
are respected, protected and fulfilled.
- 18/07/15 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the attacks in Iraq
- 17/07/15 - Declaration by the High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the Day of International Criminal Justice
17 July is the day which the States Parties to the Rome Statute have
designated as the Day of International Criminal Justice. This day unites
all those who wish to support justice, stand up for victims' rights,
and help prevent crimes that threaten the peace, security and well-being
of the world.
- 16/07/15 - Statement by Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development Neven Mimica following the adoption of the “Addis Ababa Action Agenda” by the Third International Conference on Financing for Development
- 26/06/15 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the occasion of the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, 26 June 2015
Today, as we celebrate the International Day in Support of Victims of
Torture, our thoughts go to all those around the world who have been and
continue to be exposed to this horrible practice. The EU will never
give up its staunch commitment to the prevention and eradication of
torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment,
which are unequivocally prohibited under international law.
- 19/06/15 - World Refugee Day: Nearly 60 million people displaced worldwide
- 04/06/15 - EU boosts humanitarian aid to Iraq with extra €25 million
- 26/05/15 - Remarks by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini at the press conference following the 24th EU-GCC Joint Council and Ministerial Meeting
- 18/05/15 - Declaration by the High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, 17 May 2015
- 09/05/15 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice President on Europe Day
On 9 May 1950 Robert Schuman called on the nations of Europe to unite and make war on our continent impossible. 65 years later, his message of peace and unity is as relevant as ever.
- 16/03/15 - Council conclusions on the EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the ISIL/Da'esh threat
- 16/03/15 - High Representative Federica Mogherini to appoint EU Special Representatives to the Middle East Peace Process and to Central Asia
Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for
Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the
Commission, has proposed the appointment of new Special Representatives
to support the work of the European Union on two important foreign
policy files. The candidates have been endorsed by EU Member States in
the Political and Security Committee today pending a final decision by
- 08/03/15 - Statement on the occasion of International Women's Day
First Vice-President Frans Timmermans,EU High Representative/Commission Vice-President Federica Mogherini,Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos,International Cooperation and Development Commissioner Neven Mimica,Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility Commissioner Marianne Thyssen,Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Commissioner Christos Stylianides,Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality Commissioner Vera Jourová said: "Europe has been promoting gender equality since 1957 – it is part of the European Union's DNA.
- 19/02/15 - Press release following the meeting between the High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini and the Secretary General of the League of Arab States (LAS), Dr. Nabil El Araby
The High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini met today
with the Secretary General of the League of Arab States (LAS), Dr. Nabil
El Araby, in Brussels.
- 17/02/15 - Statement of the spokesperson on the killings in Iraq
"The murder of a large number of residents of al-Baghdadi town in
western Iraq, who are reported to have been burned alive, is further
evidence of the denial by Da'esh's of human life and dignity.
- 15/02/15 - Meeting between the High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif
- 12/02/15 - European Parliament resolution on the humanitarian crisis in Iraq and Syria, in particular in the IS context
- 10/02/15 - Rule of Law conference in Iraq
Within the framework of the project on “Strengthening the Efficiency and Credibility of the Criminal Justice System and Enhancing the Rule of Law in Iraq”, the Delegation of European Union to Iraq, in cooperation with the team of experts and the National Security Council Coordinator Hamza Sharif, organized the first Rule of Law coordination conference.
- 08/02/15 - Elements for an EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the Da'esh threat - Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Councilpdf [201 KB]
- 05/02/15 - Local EU Statement on the First Anniversary of the adoption of the Iraqi National Action Plan for the implementation of the UN Security Council resolution 1325 on women, peace and security [192 KB]
The European Union wishes to congratulate the Republic of Iraq on the occasion of the first anniversary - tomorrow - of the adoption of the Iraqi National Action Plan for the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security which, 15 years after its adoption, remains as relevant as ever. The Action Plan constitutes an important tool for strengthening the role of women in Iraqi society, their participation in national and local decision making, their contribution to the resolution of conflicts and for making sure that their rights are not violated.
- 22/12/14 - Remarks of the High Representative and Vice President Federica Mogherini in Baghdad, Iraq
Joint press conference by Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the
Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the
EC, Ibrahim Al-Jafaari, Iraqi Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Bert
Koenders, Dutch Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Elements for an EU regional strategy for Syria and Iraq as well as the Da'esh threat - Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Councilpdf [201 KB]