Doing Business in India
Exporting to and Investing in India
Information on trade barriers which may affect you in India.
By simply entering a HS code or product description, this section will provide you with the duties and taxes applicable to your products, allowing you to calculate a landed cost
Exporters' Guide to Import Formalities
All you need to know about the import procedures and documents required for the import of a particular product is available by simply entering a HS code or product description.
Find out Sanitary and Phytosanitary export problems with India.
Market Access Studies
You can download the full text of reports concerning market access related studies referring to geographical areas, selected business sectors or relevant horizontal issues (e.g. labelling).
An invaluable overview of trade flows between the EU and India, accessed by simply entering a HS code or product description, can be obtained from this section.
Are you facing specific difficulties on the India market? Notify them to the Commission on our Complaints register. We will follow-up whether in the WTO or in bilateral consultations with India.
Find Out More
The trade portal of India is an India-EU initiative, funded by the EU, aiming at providing all necessary information for EU and Indian operators to trade in the EU and India. All relevant information is presented: general regulations, specific product constraints, market surveys, sector based analysis and statistics, trade events, business directory
The European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC) is a programme co-funded by the European Union and implemented by EUROCHAMBRES, the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry. Its mission is to assist the Business, Science & Research Community in Europe and India to work together towards generating new business opportunities in clean technology transfer & establishing business relevant cooperation in the field of research, science and technology. Initially, EBTC's efforts will focus on 4 selected key sectors: Biotechnology, Energy, Environment and Transport. Alongside this specific sectoral focus, EBTC devotes special attention to market access, trade and investment issues, which form a centerpiece of its activities.
EU Member States Embassies in New Delhi
Member States embassies are in charge of export promotion and offer a wide range of services to their national operators, including helping them to know more about the Indian market find local contacts carry out in-depth research on the market for their goods attend trade fairs and missions receive business opportunities direct to the desktop.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Bilateral Chambers of Commerce and Business Councils
- Council of EU Chambers of Commerce in India
- UK India Business Council
- Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
- Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Swedish Chamber of Commerce India
- The Netherlands-India Chamber of Commerce & Trade
Government of India
- India in business
- Taxation system in India
- Intellectual property rights in India
- Invest in India
- Indian Department of Commerce
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (including the handbook of procedures for imports and exports)
- Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
- India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)
European Business Group
- The European Business group is the focal point for European Business in India. It is providing a common platform where European Business comes together to discuss matters of common interest and represents in a broader way.