Research & Innovation
|Individual Fellowships - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Closing date 14th September 2016|
Promoting Research and Innovation represents an increasingly important policy objective, both for the EU (cf. e.g. its "Innovation Union" flagship initiative) and for India (cf. its "Decade of Innovation" initiative), and obviously for many businesses as well.
Following the conclusion of a Science and Technology Cooperation Agreement between India and the European Community in 2001, the participation of Indian universities, research centres, companies, etc. in the EU Framework Programmes has been steadily increasing. In the 7th Framework Programme ("FP7"), for instance, India ranked 4th in terms of participation, and 3rd in total amount of EU financial contribution received.
Today, extensive opportunities for collaboration are being offered under the new "Horizon 2020" Framework Programme of the European Commission (2014-20), and also under many other schemes, ranging from bilateral programmes of EU member states to multilateral funding platforms such as Inno Indigo.
On the following pages of this web site, more detailed information is available on different sets of issues, namely:
- The political background and history of EU-India relations regarding research and innovation (bilateral Science and Technology Agreements of 2001 and 2007, Joint Declaration of 2012, Indo-European Research and Innovation Partnership currently being set up, and more),
- Information regarding collaborative research opportunities between the EU and India (Horizon 2020, EU member states' bilateral programmes, co-ordinated calls for proposals jointly organised with Indian authorities, Inno Indigo multilateral funding platform, facts & figures regarding collaboration under FP7, etc.)
- Information on opportunities relating to the mobility of individual researchers between the EU and India (and to higher education in the EU): grants of the European Research Council (ERC) and Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCAs) under Horizon 2020, Erasmus+ scholarships, higher education and mobility schemes offered by EU member states, etc.
- Information on EU-funded India-specific support services providing information and/or assistance to European and Indian stakeholders regarding research issues (Inno Indigo, Euraxess-Links India, European Business Technology Centre (EBTC), etc.). This page also makes it possible to access many relevant documents and web sites.
This comprehensive brochure [632 KB] summarises a broad range of collaboration opportunities open to Indian researchers and research organisations – especially under the new Horizon 2020 programme, but also under other schemes.
- Research & Innovation Section:
Denis DAMBOIS, Head – R&I Counsellor
Vivek DHAM, Policy officer
Kinchit BIHANI, Policy officer
Tejinder KAUR, Secretary
- Policy officer for ICT issues: Klaus PENDL (Trade Section)
- Policy officer for energy, environment and climate change issues: Henriette FAERGEMANN-BREDSTEN
- Mailbox of the R&I Section: DELEGATION-INDIA-RI@eeas.europa.eu
Inno-Indigo call on bio based energy