Delegation to Ghana
The “Ebola: from emergency to recovery” conference is taking place in Brussels today under the organisation and patronage of the European Union. While international efforts have reduced the number of Ebola infections in recent months, it is critical to maintain the momentum to prevent a sharp increase in new cases. The conference today aims to sustain the international mobilisation and to plan the next steps in the fight both against the current outbreak and the Ebola virus in general.
European Union (EU) Ambassador to Ghana, William Hanna, started Tuesday 24 February a three-day visit to the Volta Region of Ghana to inspect EU-funded projects in the area. After a courtesy call meeting with the Deputy Volta Regional Minister, Mr. Francis Komla Kanyaglo, on Tuesday, he travelled to Nkwanta to inspect progress made on the Eastern Corridor road and met with the Northern Volta Gari Processors Association (NOVOGAP).
After two decades of committed joint efforts from the Ghanaian government and international partners, the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) are delighted that the World Health Organisation has certified Ghana as free of the Guinea-Worm disease.
- 19/02/15 - EU wins a WTO dispute on Chinese anti-dumping duties
- 19/02/15 - European Commission stands by Italy on coping with migratory pressure on Lampedusa
- Press release European Commission Brussels, 19 February 2015 Today the European Commission has announced that it is stepping up its assistance to Italy. Firstly, the Frontex Joint Operation Triton will be extended until at least the end of 2015.
- 18/02/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the appointment of Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici and the formation of the government in the Republic of Moldova
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement 18 February 2015 We congratulate Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici on his appointment and on the formation of the new government. We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation and swiftly implementing our Association Agreement to the benefit of the people.
- 17/02/15 - EU police mission for the Palestinian territories get new Head of Mission