The European Commission has adopted a new assistance package to Georgia totalling €100 million to support reforms related to the EU-Georgia Association Agreement (AA) and agreements on mobility.
26/11/15 - Commissioners Hahn and Andriukaitis visit Georgia to attend the sixth Informal Eastern Partnership Dialogue
Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations and Vytenis Andriukaitis, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety will participate at the sixth Informal Eastern Partnership Dialogue which will take place in Tbilisi on 26 November.
- 19/11/15 - Review of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP): stronger partnerships for a stronger neighbourhood
The European Commission and the EU's High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy have unveiled today the main lines of the review of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), spelling out the Union's renewed approach to its eastern and southern neighbours. The review follows broad consultations with Member States, partner countries, international organisations, social partners, civil society and academia.
- 18/11/15 - 15th International Exhibition for Agro, Food and Drink Products, Packaging and Procession Equipment launched
The Delegation of the European Union in Georgia, the Ministry of Agriculture and Expo Georgia launched the 15th International Exhibition for Agro, Food and Drink Products, Packaging and Procession Equipment at the Didube Exhibition Center “Expo Georgia” on Wednesday, November 18, 2015, at 11:00.
- 16/11/15 - Joint press release following the second Association Council meeting between the European Union and Georgia
The European Union and Georgia held the second meeting of the Association Council on 16 November 2015. The Council is the highest formal body established under the EU-Georgia Association Agreement to supervise the implementation of the Agreement.
- 16/11/15 - EU announces Launch of Four Projects linking labour market needs to VET
Representatives of the Delegation of the European Union to Georgia, Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs, Ministry of Education and Science, international organisations, members of the National Vocational Education and Training Council and other stakeholders from public, private and non-governmental sectors will attend the presentation of the four projects financed by the European Union (EU) through a grant scheme, under the Employment and VET (EVET) Sector Reform Contract. The financing provided by the EU for the grant scheme totals €2,000,000.
- 12/11/15 - Lagodekhi benefits from new pilot project
Georgia and EU launch €3 million Rural Development component under ENPARD
- 10/11/15 - Remarks by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini at the joint press conference with Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Georgia
- 09/11/15 - Twinning on e-Government launches in Georgia
On 09 November, the Estonian e-Governance Academy in cooperation with Italy's CSI Piemonte launched an EU funded Twinning Project on e-governance in Georgia to support the development of and alignment of Georgia’s e-governance and information security legislation with European standards.
- 06/11/15 - EU Ambassador Janos Herman's comments on Rustavi 2 made on 6 November 2015
- 06/11/15 - Joint Statement by the Embassy of the United States of America and the Delegation of the European Union in agreement with the Heads of Mission of the EU Member States in Georgia [190 KB]
- 05/11/15 - EU drugs agency boosts cooperation with Georgian Ministry of Justice
The director of the EU drugs agency – the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) – and the Georgian Minister of Justice met in Tbilisi on 4 November to sign a Memorandum of Understanding to boost cooperation between the two bodies in monitoring the drugs problem and to facilitate the collection, processing and dissemination of information.
- 04/11/15 - EU supports Georgia to improve its tax administration system
Tbilisi, 04 November 2015: A formal closing ceremony will mark the end of the EU-funded Twinning project, which strengthened the administrative capacity of the Georgia Revenue Service.
- 03/11/15 - EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee Supports Association Process and Stresses Importance of Rule of Law, Democracy and Freedom of Media in Georgia
The first EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee meeting was concluded successfully on 3 November 2015 in Tbilisi with the adoption of a Final Statement and Recommendations, stressing support for the Association process between Georgia and the EU.
- 02/11/15 - The Ambassador of the EU comments on the dissemination of secret audio recordings and Rustavi 2 case
- 31/10/15 - 1st EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee meeting to be held on 2-4 November in Tbilisi
Seven European Parliament members (MEPs) will meet Georgian parliamentarians in the framework of the inaugural Parliamentary Association Committee meeting, to be held in Tbilisi during 2- 4 November. This new Political Body, enshrined in the EU-Georgia AA/DCFTA, is meant to provide the democratic scrutiny of the agreement.
- 30/10/15 - EU launches "EU Week of Culture 2015" across Georgia
Emphasising the cultural bonds between Georgia and EU, over 20 events will take place in 7 cities across Georgia: Tbilisi, Akhaltsikhe, Telavi, Kutaisi, Sighnaghi, Rustavi and Poti between 31/10 - 08/11.
- 30/10/15 - Georgian Universities and the EU launch a new Academic and Research component under ENPARD
The European Union, Limerick University of Ireland, Agricultural University of Georgia and the Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA) launched the Academic and Research component of the EU-funded European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD) project, on Friday 30 October 2015 at 12:00 at Kakha Bendukidze University Campus.
- 29/10/15 - Georgia and EU launch first projects under €3 million Rural Development component under ENPARD
On Thursday, 29 October 2015, the European Union and the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia launched a ENPARD pilot project in Borgomi, which will create Local Action Groups (LAGs), consisting of representatives from local authorities, private sector and civil society, for the elaboration and implementation of local development strategies.
- 26/10/15 - Local EU Statement on Current Political Tension in Georgia
The Delegation of the European Union issues the following statement in agreement with the Heads of Mission of the EU Member States in Georgia
- 26/10/15 - President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili met EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman
- 23/10/15 - Comments of EU Ambassador Janos Herman on the current situation with Rustavi 2
- 16/10/15 - Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia meets goals set under ENPARD and recieves €8m from EU
The European Union supports the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia through release of €8 million tranche under the ENPARD programme.
- 16/10/15 - European Union underlines importance of connectivity and international trade for Georgia at Silk Road
At the Silk Road conference in Tbilisi on 15-16 October 2015, Mr Vassilis Maragos, acting director for the Eastern Neighbourhood in the Directorate dealing with Enlargement and EU Neighbourhood countries, including Georgia, stressed the importance of tradeand connectivity for Georgia's future and the need for further economic development.
- 15/10/15 - EIB lends EUR 100 million for Georgia’s Water Sector [28 KB]
In Kutaisi, Georgia’s second largest city with approximately 200 000 inhabitants,the EIB will finance the rehabilitation and extension of the municipal sewerage system and the construction of a mechanical biological wastewater treatment.
- 15/10/15 - Joint EU Delegation and the US Embassy press statement on opening on seminar on cross-border strategic trade control
The Deputy Head of EU Delegation, Mr. Carlo Natale and US Deputy Chief of Mission, Mr. Nicholas Berliner on 15 October 2015 jointly opened a seminar organized by the EU and the US to promote cross-border strategic trade control.
- 10/10/15 - Joint Declaration on the European and World Day against the Death Penalty, 10 October 2015
Joint Declaration by the European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini, and the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Thorbjørn Jagland, on the European and World Day against the Death Penalty, 10 October 2015
- 07/10/15 - European Union supports Georgia in strengthening Employment Support Services [181 KB]
- 02/10/15 - EU supports Georgia's small businesses through DCFTA Facility [94 KB]
- 02/10/15 - Exhibition Reflecting Civic Activism of Georgian Teachers Opens [103 KB]
- 01/10/15 - EU supports Georgia to surpass technical barriers to international trade [109 KB]
- 24/09/15 - Agricultural cooperatives launch wine production in Kutaisi with EU funds [121 KB]
- 21/09/15 - Eastern Partnership parliamentarians meet in Tbilisi to discuss human rights
- 21/09/15 - Local EU Statement on Venezuela's Nomination of an Ambassador to Georgia's Break-away Region of Abkhazia [21 KB]
- 18/09/15 - EU supports Culture in Eastern European Neighbours: improving life for all [272 KB]
- 16/09/15 - EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman met Mr. Dimitri Kumsishvili Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development
- 15/09/15 - Working Group on the National Probation Agency highlights EU support to the Criminal Justice Reform [187 KB]
- 11/09/15 - Georgia and EU launch first projects under €3 million Rural Development component under ENPARD [177 KB]
- 09/09/15 - European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker delivered his first State of the Union address before the European Parliament
State of the Union 2015: Time for Honesty, Unity and Solidarity
- 04/09/15 - EU funded project “Environmental Protection of International Rivers Basins” announces the launching of automated gauging stations in Adjara [413 KB]
- 03/09/15 - Public Consultation on the Smart Borders Package
Period of consultation
From 29/07/2015 to 29/10/2015
- 14/08/15 - EU Ambassador Janos Herman met with Mr. Giorgi Mghebrishvili, the Minister of Interior
- 11/08/15 - New EU Aid Volunteers initiative: first call for published proposals
- 10/08/15 - New EU Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy
- 25/07/15 - The Foreign Affairs Committee of the European Parliament travelled to Georgia [149 KB]
- 20/07/15 - Remarks by President Donald Tusk following his meeting with the President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili
- 15/07/15 - Statement by the Spokesperson on developments at the administrative boundary line of Georgia's breakaway region of South Ossetia
- 15/07/15 - The EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman met with the Foreign Minister of Georgia Tamar Beruchashvili
- 14/07/15 - Prime Minister Irakli Gharibashvili has granted the EU Delegation to Georgia's agricultural attaché Juan Jose Echanove the Golden Fleece Order
- 13/07/15 - The European Union approves the disbursement of € 6 Million, the first payment of its budget support to DCFTA and SMEs [366 KB]
- 06/07/15 - Georgia – EU Subcommittee on Transport, Energy, Climate Action & Environment meets on 2-3 July 2015
- 26/06/15 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini [45 KB]
on the occasion of the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- 19/06/15 - EU-Georgia Human Rights Dialogue
- 17/06/15 - EU supports Georgia in the aftermath of the severe floods in Tbilisi [43 KB]
Up to €3 million will be made available to help provide durable housing solutions following the damage.
- 22/05/15 - Joint Declaration of the Eastern Partnership Summit (Riga, 21-22 May 2015)
- 17/05/15 - High Representative, Federica Mogherini's declaration [34 KB]
International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, 17 May 2015
- 15/05/15 - A Fish Farm owned by Internally Displaced Persons [171 KB]
A new project funded by the European Union in cooperation with FAO
- 14/05/15 - Improving access to Justice, and promoting Human Rights [2 MB]
The European Union supports Georgia with an ambitious € 60 million programme. EU Support to Justice Sector Reform 2015-2018
- 14/05/15 - EBRD and EU launch first DCFTA Facility in Georgia [60 KB]
- 08/05/15 - Third progress report [94 KB]
Georgia’s implementation of the action plan on visa liberalisation
- 04/05/15 - EU Prize for Journalism in Georgia [223 KB]
The European Union marks the World Press Freedom Day by launching the 4th edition of the EU Prize for Journalism in Georgia
- 04/05/15 - European Commission launches the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2015
- 27/04/15 - Georgia’s new opportunities in free trade with the EU [166 KB]
On 27 April 2015 EU-Georgia Business Council (EUGBC) held a Business Conference in Brussels
- 22/04/15 - Further EU support to Georgia [2 MB]
With a package of € 8 million, Georgia will improve the environmental legislation and make its institutions more transparent
- 21/04/15 - EU disburses €10 million in loans for Georgia
The first tranche of €46 million in Macro-Financial Assistance (MFA) for Georgia approved in August 2013
- 03/04/15 - The EU Ambassador Janos Herman met with the Chairperson of the Supreme Court of Georgia Nino Gvenetadze
- 31/03/15 - Let's meet Europe on wheels kicks off its 2015 voyage [254 KB]
The EU Mobile Info Centre, the Delegation of the European Union to Georgia’s information campaign on wheels launched its 2015 tour on March 31 with the aim of providing Georgian citizens with easy access to information about co-operation between Georgia and the European Union.
- 27/03/15 - EU Reporter for One Day [2 MB]
The Delegation of the European Union to Georgia launches the EU 3-minute Film Festival. Georgian youth will the opportunity to become EU Reporter for One Day by participating in the competition for 3-minute mobile phone films.
- 25/03/15 - Implementation of the European Neighbourhood Policy in Georgia - Progress in 2014 and recommendations for actions
- 18/03/15 - Strategic Framework for Customs cooperation between EU and Georgia
- 17/03/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the announced signature of a “Treaty on Alliance and Integration" between the Russian Federation and Georgia's breakaway region of South Ossetia
- 13/03/15 - Consultation: "Towards a new European Neighbourhood Policy"
The EU launches a consultation on the future of its relations with neighbouring countries.
Consultation period: From 04.03.2015 until 30.06.2015
- 09/03/15 - A NEW EUROPEAN NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICY
Towards a new European Neighbourhood Policy: the EU launches a consultation on the future of its relations with neighbouring countries.
- 08/03/15 - International Women's Day [99 KB]
Statement by First Vice President Timmermans, High Representative/Vice-President Mogherini and Commissioners Mimica, Avramopoulos, Thyssen, Stylianides and Jourová on the occasion of International Women's Day
- 05/03/15 - Better Skills for Better Jobs [288 KB]
The European Union launches a project (EUVEGE) supporting reforms of the Vocational Education Training, and reforms in the labour market in Georgia.
- 26/02/15 - Press statement by President Donald Tusk after his meeting with Prime Minister of Georgia Irakli Garibashvili
- 26/02/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini following her meeting with the Prime Minister of Georgia, Irakli Garibashvili
- 19/02/15 - EU Film Festival 2015 in Georgia
The EU Film Festival in Georgia 2015 will take place between the 20th February and 1st of March.The complete list of the featured films and the programme are available at: www.eufilm.ge
- 18/02/15 - Georgia Joins Creative Europe EU program
- 06/02/15 - EU Ambassador Janos Herman met with Mr. Vakhtang Gomelauri, the Minister of Internal Affairs
- 04/02/15 - EU Ambassador Janos Herman awarded young winners of the competition "Me – Ombudsman"
- 02/02/15 - Improving Labour Relations and Social Dialogue in Georgia [188 KB]
The EU funds a thirty month project to improve the dialogue between the key actors of the Georgian labour market, in cooperation with the Government of Georgia and the ILO
- 27/01/15 - Georgia: EU disburses €13 million grant in Macro-Financial Assistance
- 15/01/15 - New € 44 million programme to support Georgian private sector [528 KB]
- 15/01/15 - EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn visits Eastern partner, Georgia
- 13/01/15 - EU Ambassador Janos Herman meets Georgian business representatives at the EU-Georgia Business Council
- 06/01/15 - Energy statistics: INOGATE helps Georgia develop its first complete energy balance
- 05/01/15 - EU Ambassador Janos Herman met Mr. Gigi Gigiadze, Deputy Foreign Minister