The first Potato Cooperatives’ Forum was held today at the hotel “Tbilisi Marriott”. The forum was organized as part of the EU-funded European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD) by the programme’s implementing partners – Mercy Corps and Oxfam GB.
15/06/16 - Food Security and Nutrition in South Caucasus: EU-funded project presents research findings at a conference in Tbilisi
On June 15-16, 2016 an International Conference on Food Security and Nutrition takes place in Tbilisi.
- 10/06/16 - Innovative Strategies in Media Development, Challenges in Raising Regional Issues in a Global Story [104 KB]
Master Classes in Media ManagementOn June 28-30, 2016 the EU-funded Project Open Media Hub is organizing Master Classes in Broadcast, Print and Online Media Management for managers and senior editors of Georgian media.
- 08/06/16 - Remarks by President Donald Tusk after his meeting with President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili
- 08/06/16 - Donald TUSK, President of the European Council, receives Giorgi MARGVELASHVILI, President of Georgia: - exterior, welcome and roundtable
- 08/06/16 - Joint press statements by Donald TUSK, President of the European Council, and Giorgi MARGVELASHVILI, President of Georgia following their meeting at the European Council
- 07/06/16 - Georgia merits getting a visa free regime with EU, MEPs say
- 06/06/16 - Government of Georgia joins hands with the European Union and United Nations to enhance human rights protection
The Human Rights Secretariat of the Administration of the Government of Georgia, European Union and United Nations organized a reception on 6 June 2016 under the theme “Human Rights for All: Georgia on the Path to Implementing National Human Rights Strategy 2014-2020”.
- 06/06/16 - LGBTI rights in Armenia and Georgia discussed at a regional conference in Tbilisi
On 2 June 2016, the South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation hosted a Regional Conference Solidarity for Equality: the Rights and Conditions for LGBTI Persons in Armenia and Georgia, conducted as part of the EU-funded project Solidarity Network for LGBTI in Armenia and Georgia (2015-2017).
- 02/06/16 - European Union supports Georgian Farmers’ Congress
150 farmers throughout Georgia will have an opportunity to meet with the government representatives at the Congress and discuss challenges in agriculture
- 26/05/16 - European Union commits a further GEL 120 million (€50 million) for Development of Rural Areas in Georgia [146 KB]
Tbilisi - Katarína Mathernovà, the European Commission's Deputy Director General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations, and David Bakradze, State Minister of Euro-Altantic Integration today signed a Financing Agreement for the second phase of the European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD) worth GEL 120 million (€50 million).
- 25/05/16 - EU releases seven personal video stories showing impact of EU activities in Georgia [50 KB]
To mark the end of the European Days in Georgia, which lasted from 8 to 24 May, the European Union has released seven personal video stories showing the benefits of EU-Georgia cooperation.
- 24/05/16 - EU-funded project strengthening Georgia's schools in fighting child abuse sums up successes in a conference [159 KB]
- 20/05/16 - Election Media Monitoring Kicks Off
The European Union and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launch a new round of media monitoring ahead of 8 October parliamentary elections in Georgia.
- 18/05/16 - EU and Council of Europe continue support to improve human rights and healthcare in Georgia's prisons
On 18 May 2016, the second phase of the successful project “Human Rights and Healthcare in Prisons and Other Closed Institutions in Georgia II” was launched at the Rooms Hotel in Tbilisi.
- 17/05/16 - Declaration by High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the EU on the occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia And Biphobia, 17 May 2016
- 17/05/16 - EU provides GEL 3.3 million truck scanner to Georgian Border Crossing Point
A truck scanner worth GEL 3.3 million (USD 1.5 million) has been installed at the Sadakhlo Border Crossing Point between Armenia and Georgia. The scanner provides a reliable means of inspecting cargo ensuring the manifest verification, accurate tariff collection and identification of illegal goods.
- 11/05/16 - EU launches GEL 10 million (EUR 4 million) call for proposals for complementary rehabilitation and resocialization measures for inmates, probationers and children in conflict with the law [24 KB]
- 06/05/16 - Europe Day launches in Georgia on 8 May in Rike Park
The Delegation of the European Union and the embassies of its Member States to Georgia in conjunction with the Tbilisi Mayor's office are proud to hold a public celebration of Europe Day on Sunday 8 May in Rike Park. Celebrations will feature a Eurovillage with fun and games in the daytime and public live concert of Georgian and European stars. Citizens of Georgia are invited to attend the Europe Day and connect with the European Union!
- 05/05/16 - European Union/ OSCE Permanent Council/EU Statement on Georgia
- 27/04/16 - EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee Second Meeting - FINAL STATEMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS [37 KB]
- 23/03/16 - EU launches new call for proposals for pilot rural development measures under ENPARD programme in Georgia
The total amount of the call will be GEL 36 million (EUR 14 million), with a deadline for the submission of concept notes of 16 May 2016.
- 21/03/16 - EU Commissioner launches EU4Business Week in Georgia
Running from 21-25 March 2016, EU4Business Week highlights EU support to small and medium-sized businesses and facilitating DCFTA trade in Georgia
- 17/03/16 - EU Ambassador stresses the importance of privacy rights and data protection
- 15/03/16 - European Union provides GEL 37 million to help Georgian institutions meet EU political and economic integration commitments [106 KB]
- 09/03/16 - European Commission proposes to lift visa obligations for citizens of Georgia [58 KB]
- 04/03/16 - The European Union Film Festival in Georgia – 2016
- 09/02/16 - Press statement by President Donald Tusk after the meeting with Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Kvirikashvili
- 03/02/16 - Sajjad Karim MEP, Chair of the EU Delegation for Relations with the South Caucasus, welcomes US support of Georgia visa liberalisation [78 KB]
- 28/01/16 - Trade policy promotes sustainability and human rights [63 KB]
Report highlights progress and shortcomings in 14 countries that benefited from privileged conditions of access to the EU market
- 25/01/16 - Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili held a meeting with the EU Ambassador Janos Herman
- 20/01/16 - EU announces winners of 2015 EU Prize for Journalism
For the fourth year, the European Union has announced winners for outstanding journalism in Georgia as part of its annual EU Prize for Journalism competition.
- 08/01/16 - EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman meets Georgian Foreign Minister Mikheil Janelidze
On 8 January 2016, EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman met Georgian Foreign Minister Mikheil Janelidze.