20/05/16 - Election Media Monitoring Kicks Off
The European Union and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launch a new round of media monitoring ahead of 8 October parliamentary elections in Georgia.
18/05/16 - EU and Council of Europe continue support to improve human rights and healthcare in Georgia's prisons
On 18 May 2016, the second phase of the successful project “Human Rights and Healthcare in Prisons and Other Closed Institutions in Georgia II” was launched at the Rooms Hotel in Tbilisi.
- 17/05/16 - EU provides GEL 3.3 million truck scanner to Georgian Border Crossing Point
A truck scanner worth GEL 3.3 million (USD 1.5 million) has been installed at the Sadakhlo Border Crossing Point between Armenia and Georgia. The scanner provides a reliable means of inspecting cargo ensuring the manifest verification, accurate tariff collection and identification of illegal goods.
- 11/05/16 - EU launches GEL 10 million (EUR 4 million) call for proposals for complementary rehabilitation and resocialization measures for inmates, probationers and children in conflict with the law [24 KB]
- 06/05/16 - Europe Day launches in Georgia on 8 May in Rike Park
The Delegation of the European Union and the embassies of its Member States to Georgia in conjunction with the Tbilisi Mayor's office are proud to hold a public celebration of Europe Day on Sunday 8 May in Rike Park. Celebrations will feature a Eurovillage with fun and games in the daytime and public live concert of Georgian and European stars. Citizens of Georgia are invited to attend the Europe Day and connect with the European Union!
- 05/05/16 - European Union/ OSCE Permanent Council/EU Statement on Georgia
- 27/04/16 - EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee Second Meeting - FINAL STATEMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS [37 KB]
- 23/03/16 - EU launches new call for proposals for pilot rural development measures under ENPARD programme in Georgia
The total amount of the call will be GEL 36 million (EUR 14 million), with a deadline for the submission of concept notes of 16 May 2016.
- 21/03/16 - EU Commissioner launches EU4Business Week in Georgia
Running from 21-25 March 2016, EU4Business Week highlights EU support to small and medium-sized businesses and facilitating DCFTA trade in Georgia
- 17/03/16 - EU Ambassador stresses the importance of privacy rights and data protection
- 15/03/16 - European Union provides GEL 37 million to help Georgian institutions meet EU political and economic integration commitments [106 KB]
- 09/03/16 - European Commission proposes to lift visa obligations for citizens of Georgia [58 KB]
- 04/03/16 - The European Union Film Festival in Georgia – 2016
- 09/02/16 - Press statement by President Donald Tusk after the meeting with Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Kvirikashvili
- 03/02/16 - Sajjad Karim MEP, Chair of the EU Delegation for Relations with the South Caucasus, welcomes US support of Georgia visa liberalisation [78 KB]
- 28/01/16 - Trade policy promotes sustainability and human rights [63 KB]
Report highlights progress and shortcomings in 14 countries that benefited from privileged conditions of access to the EU market
- 25/01/16 - Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili held a meeting with the EU Ambassador Janos Herman
- 20/01/16 - EU announces winners of 2015 EU Prize for Journalism
For the fourth year, the European Union has announced winners for outstanding journalism in Georgia as part of its annual EU Prize for Journalism competition.
- 08/01/16 - EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman meets Georgian Foreign Minister Mikheil Janelidze
On 8 January 2016, EU Ambassador to Georgia Janos Herman met Georgian Foreign Minister Mikheil Janelidze.