Delegation for the Pacific
20/02/2015 - Fiji Parliamentary delegation shares UK experience
The Fijian Speaker of Parliament Honourable Dr Jiko Luveni this afternoon shared her experience of the Parliamentary mission to the United Kingdom during a debriefing session held at the European Union's official residence.
The European Union Delegation welcomes the abolition of the death penalty in Fiji. This is an important commitment to the respect of human rights and a strong signal to other countries of the Pacific that still have death penalty.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) Office for Pacific Island Countries today (February 18) launched Phase II of the European Union (EU) funded Tackling Child Labour through Education (TACKLE) Project.
Working together for the Pacific
Sites of global biodiversity importance (important bird areas) were identified though field research. The sustainable management of the sites was promoted by local NGO partners in Fiji, New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Palau.
After two decades of committed joint efforts from the Ghanaian government and international partners, the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) are delighted that the World Health Organisation has certified Ghana as free of the Guinea-Worm disease.
- 20/02/15 - Local EU Statement on the abolition of the death penalty in Fiji [354 KB]
- 19/02/15 - EU wins a WTO dispute on Chinese anti-dumping duties
- 19/02/15 - European Commission stands by Italy on coping with migratory pressure on Lampedusa
- Press release European Commission Brussels, 19 February 2015 Today the European Commission has announced that it is stepping up its assistance to Italy. Firstly, the Frontex Joint Operation Triton will be extended until at least the end of 2015.
- 18/02/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the appointment of Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici and the formation of the government in the Republic of Moldova
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement 18 February 2015 We congratulate Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici on his appointment and on the formation of the new government. We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation and swiftly implementing our Association Agreement to the benefit of the people.