EU-China Joint Workshop on Urban Innovation successfully completed (08/07/2013)
The EU-China Joint Workshop on Urban Innovation, co-organised by the European Commission Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD) and the China Centre for Urban Development (CCUD) of the National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC), in collaboration with the relevant Directorates-Generals of the European Commission, EURAXESS Links China, and the Chinese government, was successfully held in Foshan City of Guangdong Province from 30 to 31 May 2013.
Dr. Markus Ederer, EU Ambassador to China, Mr. Yang Weimin, Vice Minister of Office of Central Leading Group on Finance and Economic Affairs, and Mr. Liu Yuelun, Mayor of Foshan City, delivered opening speeches for the workshop. Mr. Li Tie, Director General of China Centre for Urban Development, Ms. Margit Noll, Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe Management Board, Mr. Gu Dawei, Deputy Director General of the Department of High-tech Industry of NDRC, and Mr. Laurent Bochereau, Acting Director of DG RTD International Cooperation Directorate gave keynote speeches. Over 200 European and Chinese representatives from policy, research and industry backgrounds attended the workshop and joined the parallel thematic sessions focused on sustainable development and urban planning, green urban mobility and sustainable energy solution for cities.
To access the workshop presentations authorised by the European and Chinese speakers, please click the following links.
Joint Report [152 KB]
- Keynote speeches
- Sustainable Development and Urban Planning
- THEME 1 - URBAN MANAGEMENT AND LAND USE
- THEME 2 - SUSTAINABLE URBAN PLANNING
- THEME 3 - URBAN SERVICES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- THEME 4 - URBAN SUSTAINABILITY: SCENARIOS, INDICATORS AND TOOLS
- Green Urban Mobility
- THEME 1 - CLEAN VEHICLES AND INNOVATIVE URBAN TRANSPORT
- THEME 2 - NETWORK MANAGEMENT
- THEME 3 - SUSTAINABLE URBAN MOBILITY MANAGEMENT
- THEME 4 - IMPLEMENTING SUSTAINABLE URBAN MOBILITY
- Sustainable Energy Solution for Cities
- THEME 1 - SUSTAINABLE URBAN ENERGY PLANNING
- THEME 2 - ENERGY EFFICIENT BUILDINGS
- THEME 3 - INTEGRATION OF RENEWABLES
- THEME 4 - BEST PRACTICES OF IMPLEMENTATION