On May 8 the European Union Delegation to Australia will officially launch a climate change focused exhibition at the National Arboretum Canberra to coincide with its Europe Day reception.
29/04/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 405
23/04/15 - EU-Australia towards a closer partnership
"This is a moment when Australia and the European Union are standing up for the values we share," emphasised Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop upon her visit to Brussels as she and High Representative of the European External Action Service Federica Mogherini met on 22 April.
- 17/04/15 - EU remains world's largest aid donor
- 15/04/15 - Applications open for the European Visitors Programme
- 13/04/15 - Media Release : EU Ambassadors and PM Abbott discuss deepening EU/Australia relations
On 12 April the Ambassador of the European Union to Australia H.E. Sem Fabrizi welcomed the Australian Prime Minister The Hon. Tony Abbott MP to a dinner at the EU Residence together with the Ambassadors of the EU Member States represented in Canberra.
This was an opportunity to discuss, in an informal and friendly atmosphere, the opportunities for deepening further the strong partnership between the European Union and Australia.
- 13/04/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 404
- 20/03/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 403
- 26/02/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 402
- 16/02/15 - EU Ambassador briefs the Parliament's JSCFDT
EU Ambassador briefs the Parliament's Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and TradeOn 11 February, EU Ambassador H.E. Sem Fabrizi briefed the Australian Parliament's Joint standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade. In his opening remarks, he addressed economic and geo-strategic state of affairs in the European Union, the perspectives for deepening EU-Australian relations and common international challenges for the EU and Australia such as Counter Terrorism and Security in Europe and the Asia-Pacific. [read more]...
- 12/02/15 - Media Release : EU Village at the National Multicultural Festival, Saturday 14 February 2015
On Saturday, 14th February, we are delighted to welcome you to the EU Village, which will be located in Civic Square in front of the Canberra Theatre. Our marquee will house 24 EU Member States* as well as the EU Delegation. We invite you to come and explore a little bit of Europe, take the popular EU Quiz and earn yourself an EU memento.
- 09/02/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 401
- 06/02/15 - Australian European University Institute Fellowships Association Inc
Applications are now invited for Australian European University Institute Fellowships which provide the opportunity to carry out research at the European University Institute in Florence – the high profile research institute established by the Member States of the founding European Communities in 1972. [read more]...
- 16/01/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 400
- 15/01/15 - The EU Ambassador's message for 2015
2015 will be another important year for the European Union and Australia partnership. With a new leadership team in the European Union and a number of important upcoming initiatives and events, there will be a continued dynamism in the of EU-Australian relations. [read more]...
- 09/01/15 - Press release on the nomination of Alain Le Roy as Secretary General of the EEAS.
The High Representative / Vice President Federica Mogherini appointed Mr Alain Le Roy as the new Secretary General of the EEAS. [read more]...
- Media Release : Towards a closer EU-Australia Partnership