19/06/15 - EU Qantas Journalism Awards 2015
Journalists are invited to apply for the 2015 European Union-QANTAS Journalist Award.The award is open to an Australian journalist with more than three years working experience in print or electronic media. They will need to satisfy the selection panel that he or she would benefit from a working visit to the European Union institutions and two to three Member States. While the subject of the project proposal is open to the journalist's particular interests, it must be based on European themes relevant to an Australian audience.
The European Union and its Member States will put on a simultaneous "climate" event in seven major cities throughout Australia.These events are part of the "European Climate Diplomacy Day" taking place worldwide on the 17th of June 2015 to promote informed debate about climate change in the lead up to this year's decisive meeting at Paris in December.The French capital will host the United Nations 2015 Conference of Parties which is aiming to limit global temperature rises to below 2 degrees Celsius.
- 27/05/15 - EU Ambassadors pen call for ambitious climate targets
Writing in the Australian Financial Review on 26 May, 2015 the 26 Ambassadors of the European Union and its Member States have penned a letter which focuses on the common goals of Australia and the EU for the Climate talks set to happen in Paris, France at the end of 2015.
- 27/05/15 - EU's bold agenda to deal with migrants taking on the Mediterranean
The EU has launched a comprehensive plan to save lives and secure external borders, with a strong asylum policy and a new policy on legal migration.The EU is determined to turn "low risk, high return" criminal operations into "high risk, low return" ventures, while continuing to apply the most rigorous asylum policy standards in line with the Geneva Convention which prohibits "non-refoulement" - the expulsion or return of a refugee to where his life or freedom would be threatened.
- 18/05/15 - Ambassador Sem Fabrizi Europe Day speech
08 May 2015 - Ambassador Sem Fabrizi - Europe Day Speech, National Arboretum Canberra
- 12/05/15 - EU Ambassador to Australia launches Climate exhibition 'Ice Texts' at the National Arboretum [9 May – 9 June]
On May 8 at the National Arboretum in Canberra the Ambassador of the European Union to Australia, H.E. Sem Fabrizi seized the occasion of the annual 'Europe Day' celebrations to launch the climate related exhibition 'Ice Texts' in presence of the Artist David Buckland. The exhibition is open to the public until 9 June.
- 29/04/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 405
- 23/04/15 - EU-Australia towards a closer partnership
"This is a moment when Australia and the European Union are standing up for the values we share," emphasised Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop upon her visit to Brussels as she and High Representative of the European External Action Service Federica Mogherini met on 22 April.
- 17/04/15 - EU remains world's largest aid donor
- 15/04/15 - Applications open for the European Visitors Programme
- 13/04/15 - Media Release : EU Ambassadors and PM Abbott discuss deepening EU/Australia relations
On 12 April the Ambassador of the European Union to Australia H.E. Sem Fabrizi welcomed the Australian Prime Minister The Hon. Tony Abbott MP to a dinner at the EU Residence together with the Ambassadors of the EU Member States represented in Canberra.
This was an opportunity to discuss, in an informal and friendly atmosphere, the opportunities for deepening further the strong partnership between the European Union and Australia.
- 13/04/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 404
- 20/03/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 403
- 26/02/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 402
- 16/02/15 - EU Ambassador briefs the Parliament's JSCFDT
EU Ambassador briefs the Parliament's Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and TradeOn 11 February, EU Ambassador H.E. Sem Fabrizi briefed the Australian Parliament's Joint standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade. In his opening remarks, he addressed economic and geo-strategic state of affairs in the European Union, the perspectives for deepening EU-Australian relations and common international challenges for the EU and Australia such as Counter Terrorism and Security in Europe and the Asia-Pacific. [read more]...
- 12/02/15 - Media Release : EU Village at the National Multicultural Festival, Saturday 14 February 2015
On Saturday, 14th February, we are delighted to welcome you to the EU Village, which will be located in Civic Square in front of the Canberra Theatre. Our marquee will house 24 EU Member States* as well as the EU Delegation. We invite you to come and explore a little bit of Europe, take the popular EU Quiz and earn yourself an EU memento.
- 09/02/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 401
- 06/02/15 - Australian European University Institute Fellowships Association Inc
Applications are now invited for Australian European University Institute Fellowships which provide the opportunity to carry out research at the European University Institute in Florence – the high profile research institute established by the Member States of the founding European Communities in 1972. [read more]...
- 16/01/15 - EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 400
- 15/01/15 - The EU Ambassador's message for 2015
2015 will be another important year for the European Union and Australia partnership. With a new leadership team in the European Union and a number of important upcoming initiatives and events, there will be a continued dynamism in the of EU-Australian relations. [read more]...
- 09/01/15 - Press release on the nomination of Alain Le Roy as Secretary General of the EEAS.
The High Representative / Vice President Federica Mogherini appointed Mr Alain Le Roy as the new Secretary General of the EEAS. [read more]...
- EU Delegation to Australia Newsletter 406
- Media Release : Towards a closer EU-Australia Partnership