Job Vacancy Announcement: Resident Twinning Advisor Assistants (09/05/2014)
Two RTA Assistants are sought for the EU Twinning Project AM/13/ENP/FI/14.
European Union Twinning Project "Strengthening the regulatory and institutional framework of Public Internal Financial Control (PIFC) and supporting the Central Harmonisation Unit in its role of operationalizing the new systems in the Republic of Armenia", AM/13/ENP/FI/14, assists the improvement of the management of public financial control in the Republic of Armenia in line with internationally recognized standards and European best practices, and mainly, it supports the Ministry of Finance to improve the Public Internal Financial Controls.
This project is implemented in the Republic of Armenia by the Swedish National Financial Management Authority (ESV). It has duration of 24 months and a budget of 1,000,000 Euros.
Objective of the assignment
The main objective of this assignment is to assist the Resident Twinning Adviser full time for general project duties and the purposes of translation and interpretation on a daily basis.
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Resident Twinning Advisor Assistant will be the following:
- Translate at the demand of RTA or Swedish Project Leader from English to beneficiary language and vice versa;
- Management of project office, establishment and maintenance of appropriate archives of source records to ensure adequate documentation of the project;
- Support to the RTA and visiting experts responsible for the Project by arranging contacts or meetings at different institutions;
- Procurement and management of office supplies;
- Logistical organization (travel and accommodation in Armenia) of visits by project experts;
- Logistical organization of project-related workshops and seminars;
- Attend meetings and take minutes when necessary;
- Assist the RTA in selecting, contracting and monitoring translation and interpretation services for workshops and seminars;
- Communication interface with all Armenian counterparts;
- Perform any other related activities which may emerge during the course of time.
Qualifications and skills required
- Profound skills and experience from interpreting during meetings, workshops, etc, and Experience of translating documents between the languages mentioned;
- The assistant of the Resident Twinning Advisor may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration;
- Good and effective communicator;
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Proficiency in Armenian and English, excellent drafting and presentation skills.
The working language of the project is English. An excellent command of both writhen and speaking English is essential. Experience as assistant in other EU founded projects or international cooperation projects will be an asset as well as knowledge of Public Financial Management and Internal audit.
Remuneration: 1.000 Euro per month.
The positions will render a Service contract signed for 24 months.
For further details, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should use the Europass template and submit their application letters with a detailed CV, matching above qualification requirements by latest May 09, 2014 17:00 (local time) to the following email address: email@example.com
Please quote"RTA Assistant".
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview second half of May 2014, and candidate selected must be able to start from second half of August 2014.
NOTE: Twinning Manual foresees that the chosen assistant is not a civil servant.
Curriculum Vitae [241 KB]