A follow-up workshop of the EU-Africa Business Forum took place in Brussels on June 15 2016 as a side event to the European Development Days. Building on the success and momentum of the 5th EU-Africa Business Forum, held in 2014, this is the fourth in a series of EABF follow-up workshops organised in Africa and Europe by the European Commission and the African Union Commission.
13/06/16 - European Commission announces New Migration Partnership Framework: reinforced cooperation with third countries to better manage migration
The European Commission has set out plans for a new results-oriented Partnership Framework to mobilise and focus EU action and resources in our external work on managing migration.
This development-oriented agreement is the first of its kind with an African region pursuing regional economic integration.
- 30/05/16 - African Union Commission launches Research Grants 2016
Open Call for Proposals on Food & Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture with the support of the European Union.
- 17/05/16 - Declaration by High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the EU on the occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia And Biphobia, 17 May 2016
- 16/05/16 - Joint Communiqué by Federica Mogherini, EU High Representative and Vice-President, and Smail Chergui, AU Commissioner for peace and security
- 25/04/16 - Tripartite Administrative Arrangement between EU and the African Union signed strengthening staff exchange [13 KB]
- 14/04/16 - Preventing torture in Africa: Lessons and experiences from African National Human Rights Institutions
Over the past three years, the APT and the Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) have worked together to strengthen the role and capacity of African NHRIs to prevent torture.
- 14/04/16 - Technical Assistance to the ''Strengthening the African Human Rights System''
Technical Assistance to the ''Strengthening the African Human Rights System'' Programme African Union (Banjul – Gambia, Arusha – Tanzania, Addis Ababa – Ethiopia and Midrand – South Africa)
- 08/04/16 - EU, African Union collaboration on eGovernance: a potential to accelerate development and good governance
Africa is in the unique position to leap frog into digital era and harmonise e-Governance rules at the very early stage to ensure true interoperability
- 07/04/16 - Joint Communiqué between the African Union Commission and the European Commission at their 8th College to College Meeting
- 07/04/16 - The Africa-EU Partnership - Fact Sheet
- 07/04/16 - EU – Africa: A common future - By Jean-Claude Juncker and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
As we face the challenges of the 21st century there is more that unites Africa and Europe than divides us. We share a common history of thousands of years. Today more than ever we need to work together to build our common future and to work jointly on the defining global issues of our age.
- 06/04/16 - 8th African Union Commission and the European Commission annual College-to-College meeting in Addis Ababa
Tomorrow, the African Union Commission and the European Commission will hold their annual College-to-College meeting in Africa's political capital, Addis Ababa. This is the biggest Africa-EU political meeting of the year.
- 05/04/16 - AU and EU joint e-Governance Roundtable to convene in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The African Union and the European Union will organise a joint e-Governance Roundtable on on 8 April 2016 at the African Union Commission Headquarters in the margins of the EU-AU Commission to Commission meeting.
- 04/04/16 - The African Union Commission and the European Commission meet to address shared EU-Africa challenges
- 30/03/16 - High Level Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation on Science, Technology and Innovation to convene in Addis Ababa
As a component of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy (JAES), the High Level Dialogue (HLPD) provides an institutionalised forum for continent-to-continent dialogue on STI policies, programmes and practices, aiming to enhance the quality and quantity of EU-Africa cooperation in STI. The HLPD meets every two years.
- 25/03/16 - Launch of the call for Proposals of the Programme "Engaging civil society in Pan-African issues" [364 KB]
On 17 March, an interactive information session on the call was made during the CSO forum. During this session, presenters provided details about the project and answered to all main questions .
- 17/03/16 - EU-Africa Business Forum Follow Up Workshop - Brussels – 15-16 June 2016
- 11/03/16 - Launch of the first Call for Proposals of the new "Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme"
- 01/03/16 - Europe-Africa Research & Innovation News n°20 (Feb. 2016) [286 KB]
- 24/02/16 - Press Release on Bringing Harmony to Energy Markets in Africa
Addis Ababa, February 24, 2016Bringing harmony to energy markets in AfricaFor energy investments to be promoted, the adequate enabling legal framework must be in place.
- 01/02/16 - European Commission and African Union agree deal to further administrative cooperation, staff exchanges
The European Commission and the African Union Commission on Sunday signed an agreement that will renew cooperation between the two bodies, intensifying staff exchanges and cooperation in a number of priority areas. Under the arrangement, the European Commission staff will be able to work, for a limited period of time, in the administration of the African Union Commission and vice-versa.
- 01/02/16 - Eminent African scientists recognised by the African Union with the support of the EU
- 14/01/16 - EU welcomes end of Ebola transmissions and will continue to support affected countries