The European External Action Service is assisting the CSDP Civilian missions to fill the following vacancies:
- Applications should be sent by email only to the indicated mailbox.
- Applicants must fulfil all the conditions for admission at the time of applying.
- These posts require security clearance allowing access to classified documents (usually level EU SECRET). Already having such clearance would be an advantage. Otherwise, those applying for the post will be understood to be prepared to undergo security screening under Council Decision No 264/01 of 19 March 2001.
- Candidates are advised that, in the selection procedure, qualifications being equal, preference is given to seconded candidates. Only if no qualified seconded candidate can be identified may a qualified contracted candidate be selected. However, advertisement of positions for secondment regime on this website is for information purposes only. All candidates wishing to apply for a seconded regime will have to apply through their respective competent national authorities. These vary from country to country but can be, for example, Ministry of Interior for police officers. National authorities may also have additional requirements. The CSDP missions do not take into consideration applications for secondment regime received through channels other than competent national authorities.
- Secondment means that individuals are nominated by the respective Member State. The Contributing State will bear all personnel-related costs, including salaries, medical coverage, travel expenses to and from the mission area (including home leave) and allowances other than daily allowances paid according to Council decisions. Seconded personnel has to comply with any additional requirements of their national authorities.
Contracted international personnel will be recruited by the Head of Mission through an employment contract. The contract will establish the conditions of employment, rights and obligations, remuneration, daily allowances [86 KB] , travel and removal expenses and the applicable high risk insurance policy. The remuneration will be based on the salary grid [36 KB] established in the European Commission Communication on Specific Rules for Special Advisers of the Commission entrusted with the implementation of operational CFSP actions and contracted international staff (C(2009) 9502 of 30 November 2009). The remuneration of each contracted staff member will be determined on the basis of his/her position and previous professional experience using this grid.