European Commission launches new call for proposals for civil society in Ukraine (02/04/2015)
On 31 March 2015 the European Commission published a call for proposals "Ukraine Civil Society Support Programme - 2015", publication reference: EuropeAid/136912/DD/ACT/UA.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance the role of civil society in promoting democratic reforms and inclusive socio-economic development in Ukraine.
The call for proposals is divided into three lots with the following specific objectives:
Lot 1: to enhance the role of civil society in promoting democratic reform and increase public accountability, in particular:
- to increase public accountability and transparency:
to monitor the management of public finances and increase public awareness of the process of state budget approval and spending, including public procurement, revenue collection and state aid;
to monitor and measure progress towards the implementation of government's commitments in anti-corruption policy; to monitor and promote the new anti-corruption legislative framework; and to monitor the activities of anti-corruption bodies;
to enhance the implementation and promotion of access to public information through supervisory actions by civil society actors, civic initiatives and citizens.
- to increase the involvement of civil society actors in monitoring and policy dialogue with public authorities on sector reforms in line with the Association Agreement implementation, in sectors such as:
legal, constitutional, judicial, and electoral reforms, financing of political parties, public administration reform, health, environment, energy, transport, land reform, technical barriers to trade and trade facilitation, and food safety control.
Lot 2:to enhance the role of civil society in inclusive socio-economic development of Ukraine, in particular among conflict affected communities: in conflict prevention, conflict management, and work in post-conflict environments, such as:
- promotion of inclusive decision-making for socio-economic development at local and regional levels, strengthening citizens' capacities to contribute to local development through awareness-raising, civic education, advocacy and community mobilisation;
- promotion of democratic values through culture, dialogue and community mobilisation; support to youth initiatives aimed at the promotion of civic activism and tolerance;
- support to initiatives aimed at the social and economic integration of IDPs in host communities in such areas as: livelihood aspects; information space; access to social and administrative services.
Lot 3:to strengthen the capacities of civil society organisations and new initiatives, in particular in areas related to the objectives of lots 1 and 2, through:
- capacity development and mentoring;
- financial support to third parties, also known as sub-granting.
The overall indicative budget of this call for proposals is €5 000 000. Individual grants are expected to range from € 300 000 to € 1 500 000 depending on the lot. The planned duration of a project shall be between 24 and 45 months.
The deadline for the submission of concept notes in English is 21 May 2015.
The detailed information about this call for proposals and the application procedures are described in the Guidelines for applicants, available, along with other relevant documents, here.