The EU Delegation organizes a seminar on EU-related topics in Zhytomyr (11/02/2014)
On February 14, 2014 at 11.00 in Zhytomyr (Maidan Zhody 6, office №17) the EU Delegation to Ukraine organizes a seminar “EU-Ukraine relations in the context of current situation in the country”. The EU Delegation warmly invites EU experts, representatives of local self-governing bodies, civil society leaders, media and representatives of business circles to discuss myths and realities of current EU-Ukraine relations.
Seminar is a part of “Building Europe in Ukraine” information campaign conducted by the EU Delegation to Ukraine during the year. The campaign is aimed at spreading European values and raising citizens’ awareness on the EU-Ukraine relations.
All interested citizens are invited to attend:
What? Seminar “EU-Ukraine relations in the context of current situation in the country” from 11:00 to 14:00
When? 14th of February, 2014 (Friday)
Where? Zhytomyr, premises of international NGO “Modern Format” (Maidan Zhody 6, office №17)
Why? Participants of the seminar will discuss the following questions:
• EU-Ukraine relations in context of current social and political situation in Ukraine;
• Finding political solution to the current crisis and role of the EU in this process;
• Analysis and refuting of the Association Agreement myths;
• Economic and trade aspects of EU-Ukraine relations. Economic advantages and challenges from signing of the Association Agreement with the EU and their significance for the understanding of the current situation;
• Analysis of decision-making in the EU: who and how can make decisions that will affect the current situation;
• Pieces of advice on how to work with EU-related information.
• Experts of the EU Delegation to Ukraine;
• Taras Kachka, independent expert on EU law, a member of Ukrainian team of negotiators on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and DCFTA, former First Deputy Director of State Department for Approximation of Legislation at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine;
• Volodymyr Yermolenko, director of EU-related media projects at Internews-Ukraine and senior professor of National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, doctor of political studies (EHESS, Paris).
Seating is limited: preliminary registration for the event is required. For further information and registration, please, contact Kateryna Grygorenko, email@example.com, 097-354-68-11, 093-931-13-32.