Plans to waive visa requirements for Ukrainian citizens entering the Schengen area were approved by the Civil Liberties Committee on Monday. If approved by Parliament and Council, it will allow Ukrainians who have a biometric passport to enter the EU area without a visa for 90 days in any 180-day period, for business, tourist or family purposes.
- 27/09/16 - Conclusions of the 14th EU-Ukraine IPR Dialogue
- 01/09/16 - What if Ukraine exported energy?
The trilateral format of gas talks continues to offer unique opportunities for Kyiv, Brussels and Moscow.
- 17/08/16 - Statement by the EU Delegation and the Embassies of EU Member States in Kyiv on the launch of an e-declaration system without certification in Ukraine
- 12/08/16 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the situation in Ukraine
- 26/07/16 - Statement by Commissioner Günther H. Oettinger on plans to launch a "Digital Community" with Ukraine
- 25/07/16 - High Representative Mogherini underlines EU’s commitment to close partnership with Ukraine
- 15/07/16 - Pre-departure Erasmus + Orientation Meeting took place on July 8-9
- 01/07/16 - Russia: EU prolongs economic sanctions by six months
- 29/06/16 - High Representative Mogherini presents EU Global Strategy for Foreign and Security Policy
- 24/06/16 - Joint statement of EU leaders on the outcome of UK referendum
Joint Statement by Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament, Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, Mark Rutte, Holder of the rotating Presidency of the Council of the EU, and Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, on the outcome of the United Kingdom Referendum
- 24/06/16 - Press statement by President Donald Tusk on the outcome of the referendum in the UK
- 16/06/16 - Horizon 2020 International Cooperation Opportunities in the Work Programme 2016-2017 [2 MB]
- 14/06/16 - Conference on the blue economy of the Black Sea: stakeholders gather in Odessa to continue and deepen cooperation
Conference on the blue economy of the Black Sea: Towards better integration
- 08/06/16 - A new strategy to put culture at the heart of EU international relations
The strategy adopted ýesterday is in line with the Commission's priority to make the EU a stronger global actor. Culture can play a crucial role in strengthening international partnerships.
- 03/06/16 - The EU Delegation invites to the event “EUROBUS: BUILDING EUROPE IN UKRAINE” in your city
- 02/06/16 - Head of Delegation met the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Valeriya Lutkovska today and discussed Mirotvorets case
- 02/06/16 - Joint statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the vote on constitutional amendments related to the judiciary by the Parliament of Ukraine
- 31/05/16 - Who gets to study in Europe this autumn? European Commission announces this year's Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes Selection Results
- 25/05/16 - Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the release of Nadiya Savchenko and her return to Ukraine
- 24/05/16 - Comment of the EU Delegation on the meeting between Ambassadors Tombinski and Weil and Minister of Interior Avakov
EU Ambassador Jan Tombinski and German Ambassador Christof Weil met with Minister of Interior Avakov on 24 May and conveyed the following messages:
- 20/05/16 - EBRD and EU team up to support thousands of Ukrainian SMEs
An agreement signed today by the European Union (EU) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) will provide up to €28 million for business advice, information, training and other support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Ukraine through the EU4Business programme. The assistance will include the creation of a network of business support centres across Ukraine.
- 19/05/16 - EU project to advise the Ukrainian Government in optimizing the effects of the Association Agreement
- 19/05/16 - Information activities for the Europe Day in Ivano-Frankivsk
- 18/05/16 - Statement by EU Delegation to Ukraine on the anniversary of the deportation of the Crimean Tatars
- 18/05/16 - Panel discussion "How to be sucsessful in Europe"
- 17/05/16 - Declaration by High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the EU on the occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia And Biphobia
- 16/05/16 - Fact-finding mission of MEPs from the Committee on Budgetary Control to Ukraine on 16-19 May
A delegation of four members of European Parliament will visit Ukraine from 16 till 19 May for a fact-finding mission into the EU financial assistance provided since Maidan revolution to support Ukraine's stabilisation and reform process. The members of the Budgetary Control Committee responsible for controlling the spending of EU money visit Ukraine to see how the aid is being used on the ground. They also want to know how Ukraine is coping with corruption and whether it affects the EU funds.
- 16/05/16 - European Commissioner Avramopoulos made following statement after his visit to Ukraine:
It was a great pleasure for me to be in Kyiv today, and I thank President Poroshenko for his hospitality. I am particularly happy that today I was be able to personally congratulate the President, and the Ukrainian authorities and people for all the reforms they have made under the Visa Liberalisation dialogue, and more generally in its relationship with the EU.
- 10/05/16 - Kramatorsk municipal electric transport power substation modernization
- 27/04/16 - Discussion club from the EU Delegation in Kyiv
- 26/04/16 - From the nuclear past to green future: Information event in Vinnytsia
- 21/04/16 - European Commission proposes visa-free travel for citizens of Ukraine
- 21/04/16 - Information events in Zhytomyr from the EU Delegation
- 14/04/16 - Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the appointment of Prime Minister Groysman and the new government in Ukraine
- 13/04/16 - EU and Germany will help to update the system of water management in Chernivtsi
On April 13 the EU and Germany announced a long-term concessional loan to renew drinking water system in Chernivtsi. The German Federal Government will provide a long-term concessional loan issued via its KfW Development Bank. The EU will support the project via its Neighbourhood Investment Facility (NIF) under the “Programme for Modernisation and Rehabilitation of Municipal Infrastructure” in Ukraine.
- 12/04/16 - EU Delegation opens a call for applications for the 16th EU Study Days’ session
The Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, in cooperation with the Centre for Ukrainian Reform Education, announces a call for applications for the 16th session of the EU Study Days project.
- 08/04/16 - Information events in Severodonetsk from the EU Delegation
- 30/03/16 - Comments of EU Ambassador Tombiński on recent developments with regarding the Prosecutor General´s Office
- 29/03/16 - EU backed renovation of social institutions for local communities and IDPs in Kharkiv region
- 27/03/16 - EU Delegation's assessment of the bill 4057 (on confiscation)
- 23/03/16 - Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the sentencing of Nadiya Savchenko
- 22/03/16 - EU to assist Ukraine in waste management
Today 22 March 2016, a new two-year Twinning project on the collection and recycling of e-waste and used batteries was officially launched at the Minister of Regional Development, Building and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine, in presence of EU Ambassador Jan Tombinski, Austrian Ambassador Hermine Poppeller, French Ambassador Isabelle Dumont, Commercial Councilor of the Spanish Embassy to Ukraine Jaime Ramón Fernández and Deputy Minister of the Ministry for Regional Development, Building & Housing of Ukraine, Roman Chuprynenko.
- 21/03/16 - European Union Visitors Programme 2017 - Call for interest
Deadline for applications is 23 April 2016
- 18/03/16 - Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the EU on Crimea
- 17/03/16 - EU steps up humanitarian assistance for Ukraine by €20 million
- 10/03/16 - Ukraine territorial integrity: EU extends sanctions by 6 months
- 10/03/16 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini calling for the release of Nadiya Savchenko
- 09/03/16 - Nadiya Savchenko hunger strike: key Ukraine MEPs demand immediate release
Key Ukraine MEPs on Wednesday demanded immediate and unconditional release of Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko, abducted and illegally detained in Russian prison. MEPs are concerned by her deteriorating health situation, after starting a dry strike as a protest against injustice she has been a victim of since 2014 and against the postponement of her final hearing in court.
- 09/03/16 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the situation of Nadiya Savchenko
- 01/03/16 - European Parliament vows its support for Ukraine
"Cooperation with Ukraine is essential and our solidarity should not be questioned", said European Parliament President Martin Schulz at the opening of "Ukraine week" on Monday evening. This 3-day high-level conference is bringing together MEPs, national and Ukrainian MPs to share experience on good parliamentary practice, law-making and representation.
- 23/02/16 - European Parliament will host a "Ukraine week"
Next week, the European Parliament will welcome Ukrainian MPs for a joint three days high-level conference (29 February – 2 March) on capacity-building of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. “Ukraine week” will allow for MEPs, national MPs and representatives from other EU institutions and international organisations to share their experience with more than 40 Ukrainian parliamentarians, including the leadership of Ukrainian parliament, on good parliamentary practices, law-making and representation.
- 22/02/16 - 2nd meeting of EU-Ukraine Civil Society Platform
- 22/02/16 - Experts clearly explained benefits of reforms in energy sphere
- 19/02/16 - EU Ambassador Tombinski on recently adopted laws by Verkhovna Rada
- 17/02/16 - EU Ambassador Tombinski on the laws voted yesterday in Verkhovna Rada
- 16/02/16 - The Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine Jan Tombinski
- 16/02/16 - EU position on the minimum prices of cigarettes
- 12/02/16 - The European Union Delegation issues the following statement in agreement with EU Heads of Mission in Ukraine
- 11/02/16 - EU Delegation opens a call for applications for the 15th EU Study Days’ session
The Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, in cooperation with the Centre for Ukrainian Reform Education, announces a call for applications for the 15th session of the EU Study Days project.
- 09/02/16 - Information events in Chernihiv from the EU Delegation
On 12 February 2016, members of the EU Delegation to Ukraine will conduct an official visit to Chernihiv. During the visit, EU diplomats and experts of the Delegation will meet with the representatives of local authorities, NGO representatives, local students and activists of Chernihiv Euroclubs. Furthermore, the EU Delegation invites media professionals of Chernihiv to participate in the workshop for journalists on how to cover the European integration topics in the Ukrainian media.
- 05/02/16 - All-Ukrainian Project "EU: The Choice of the Ukrainian Youth"
Show your talents and win prizes in the contests announced by the EU Delegation to Ukraine.
- 04/02/16 - MEPs condemn human rights abuses perpetrated against Crimean Tatars
In its resolution voted today, the European Parliament condemns the unprecedented levels of human rights abuses perpetrated against Crimean Tatars.
- 03/02/16 - Statement of EU Ambassador Tombinski on the resignation of Minister Abromavicius
- 02/02/16 - Ukraine: Helping people caught on the frontline
- 02/02/16 - The greatest Euroquiz from the EU Delegation
- 29/01/16 - In Memoriam of Lyudmyla Korobko
- 22/01/16 - EU supports vaccination campaign to combat polio in Ukraine
The European Union is providing €1.255 Million to support Ukrainian efforts to eradicate the scourge of polio.
- 19/01/16 - Remarks of EU HR/VP Federica Mogherini on Ukraine after Foreign Affairs Council
- 19/01/16 - Outcome of the Foreign Affairs Council Meeting: Ukraine
- 01/01/16 - The trade part of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement becomes operational on 1 January 2016
On 1 January 2016, the EU and Ukraine will start applying the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) which forms part of the Association Agreement, signed in June 2014, and provisionally applied in parts since November 2014.
- Head of Delegation met the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Valeriya Lutkovska today and discussed Mirotvorets case
- Information activities for the Europe Day in Ivano-Frankivsk
- European Parliament will host a "Ukraine week"
- Russia: EU prolongs economic sanctions by six months