Press and Information Officer – Local Agent (10/03/2014)
The Delegation of the European Union to Rwanda seeks to employ a Press and Information Officer(Local Agent - Group I). The post is based at the Delegation offices in Kigali. The incumbent will report to the Head of Political Section.
- Provide the Delegation with reviews of media, on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provide specific press reviews on ad hoc basis for particular subjects.
- Provide ad hoc political analysis to the Head of Political Section.
- Provide the public with information related to the EU and related to activities of the Delegation of the EU in Rwanda, in close co-ordination with the Head of Political Section and with relevant Heads of Sections.
- Responsible for the management of the Cultural Programme of the Delegation.
- Responsible for the workplan and for the budget related to culture and information, as well as for related expenditures.
- Prepare reports as requested, related to press, culture and information activities.
- Manage the website and social media of the Delegation.
- Organise events related to press, culture and information.
- Prepare press releases of the Delegation in co-ordination with the respective sections.
- Maintain relations with the media, and a database related to the media / culture sector.
- Maintain relations with the Cultural Centers, particularly of Member States.
- Develop, in close co-ordination with the Head of Political Section and other Heads of Sections, the visibility programme of the Delegation.
- Contribute to any tasks related to media, culture and information, upon request.
- Contribute to any important visit from HQs for aspects related with media.
- Organise the distribution of information material.
- Assist the Head of Political Section with any other duties that may be required.
- Must be able to display an excellent political understanding of Rwanda, the region and wider current affairs.
- Must have excellent networks within Rwanda's media sector.
- University degree in social sciences or Political sciences with a focus on media/communications or degree in Journalism.
- Experience in the field of journalism will be considered an asset.
- At least five continuous years of relevant experience.
- Excellent English, French and Kinyarwanda: reading, writing, and speaking. Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union Member States will be considered an asset.
- Proven extensive user experience with MS Office package or similar as well as with internet based services.
- Knowledge of the European Union and its institutions is required.
- Excellent team player and should be able to develop contacts in various sectors of society.
- Excellent organisational skills and analytical qualities.
Indefinite contract with a probationary period
According to the salary scales of the European Union and relevant experience.
Interested applicants should send their applications to the attention of the Head of Administration preferably by email to:
Or by hand/post to:
Delegation of the European Union to Rwanda
Att. Head of Administration
1807 Blvd d'Umuganda
PO Box 515, Kigali
Applications should contain the following: (1) A letter of motivation; (2) Curriculum Vitae; (3) Supporting documents providing proof regarding educational background and professional experience; (4) Three references.
The email (or the closed envelope) containing all supporting documents should clearly mention "Vacancy Press and Information Officer". Candidates who have not submitted the required supporting documents will not be considered.
The closing date for receiving applications will be 12:00 hours, 10 Mars 2014. (Only short listed candidates will be contacted).