07/10/16 - LOCAL EU STATEMENT
The European Union and its Member States accredited to Myanmar express deep concern about reports of intensifying military action and armed clashes in several States, also involving signatories to the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA).
03/10/16 - European Union supports relief operations for communities affected by monsoon floods in Myanmar
In response to widespread flooding that has hit several parts of Myanmar since late July, the European Union (EU) is providing 200 000 EUR (more than 280,000,000 MMK) in humanitarian funding to assist the most affected communities.
30/09/16 - Joint Statement: 2nd Stakeholders Forum on Labour Law Reform and Institutional Capacity Building
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Denmark, Japan, the United States of America, the European Union, and the International Labour Organization (ILO) convened the second Stakeholders' Forum of the Initiative to Promote Fundamental Labour Rights and Practices in Myanmar ('the Initiative') on 29-30 September 2016.
- 23/09/16 - Remarks by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini at the meeting of the Partnership Group on Myanmar
"Today we mark another important step in our relationship. For the first time in twenty-five years, the European Union will not table a human rights resolution on Myanmar."
- 15/09/16 - Statement by High Representative Federica Mogherini on the occasion of the International Day of Democracy on 15 September
Democracy lies at the heart of the European Union, and this is why the democratic values that constitute our foundations have to be cultivated each and every day. Democracy requires constant commitment to participatory citizenship, transparency, pluralism and inclusion.
- 01/09/16 - Statement by EU High Representative and Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the 21st Century Panglong Union Peace Conference in Myanmar
The opening of the 21st Century Panglong Union Peace Conference marks an important milestone in the advancement of peace and national reconciliation in Myanmar.
- 18/07/16 - Everything you need to know about the Asia-Europe Meeting: Fact Sheet & Brochure
The 11th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) takes place from 15-16 July in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- 14/07/16 - Background brief: 11th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit, 15-16 July 2016, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
The 11th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit will take place in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 July, 2016, under the theme "20 Years of ASEM: Partnership for the Future through Connectivity".
- 01/06/16 - Taking the EU-Myanmar partnership to the next level: an EU strategy in support of Myanmar's reforms
- 01/06/16 - Elements for an EU strategy vis-à-vis Myanmar/Burma: A Special Partnership for Democracy, Peace and Prosperity
- 01/06/16 - EU-Myanmar Fact Sheet
- 22/04/16 - HRVP Federica Mogherini and Climate Action and Energy Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete on the Paris Agreement and EU Climate Action
The signing of the Paris Agreement in New York on Friday 22 April 2016 will be a historic event and an important step towards implementing the world's first global climate deal. HRVP Federica Mogherini and Climate Action and Energy Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete issued a joint op-ed on the EU's ambitious action against climate change.
- 31/03/16 - HRVP Mogherini congratulates the new Myanmar government
Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the entry into office of the new Government of the Union of Myanmar
- 23/02/16 - LOCAL EU STATEMENT
The European Union Delegation issues the following statement in agreement with the EU Heads of Mission accredited to Myanmar/Burma
- 15/02/16 - Why deepening EU-ASEAN ties in aviation is a win-win situation, by Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport
Today, EU Commission for Transport Violeta Bulc is taking part in the Singapore Airshow Aviation Leadership Summit. Read about why a close EU-ASEAN partnership in aviation is a win-win situation.
- 26/01/16 - Press Release: Local Statement by the EU and EU Member States on the Release of Political Prisoners in Myanmar [163 KB]
- 18/01/16 - Press Release: European Commission awards journalists with Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for outstanding reporting on development [131 KB]
- 08/01/16 - EU Annual Action Programme 2015 in Myanmar