A Delegação da União Europeia teve o prazer de acolher uma cerimónia pública da formalização do Cluster EUNIC-Moçambique, constituído neste país pelo British Council, Instituto Camões e Instituto Cultural Moçambique-Alemanha-ICMA.
The European Commission has launched a public consultation on all aspects of EU external funding. The aim is to gather ideas and opinions on the future of the instruments at the disposal of the European Union to fulfil its worldwide responsibilities.
- 29/11/10 - Strengthening fisheries management in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP Fish II) - Request for expression of interest to provide consultancy services [259 KB]
- 25/11/10 - Declaration by the High Representative, Catherine Ashton, on behalf of the European Union on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25 November 2010
Today is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. I take this opportunity to call on the international community to work harder to counter violence against women worldwide.
- 22/11/10 - The EU supports Road Sector in Mozambique
Today, the European Commission has approved a financing decision of € 22.5 million (approximately Meticais 922 500 000) in favour of Mozambique, to support actions related to the Road Sector for the period 2010-2013.
- 19/11/10 - Mozambique welcomed a three-week training course for financial journalists
- 11/11/10 - The Erasmus Mundus Programme – Call for Applications for Master and Doctorate students as well as Teaching and Administrative staff of the ACP Countries has been published by the University of Porto
The University of Porto, as coordinating institution of the MUNDUS ACP project, has published the Call for Applications for Master and Doctorate students as well as Teaching and Administration staff of the ACP countries.
- 27/10/10 - European Commission launches a consultation on the future of EU budget support to third countries
The European Commission launched on 19 October a public consultation on the future of EU budget support to developing countries. Budget support entails the transfer of aid directly to the budget of partner countries in order to allow the financing of key government functions. The broad consultation among all interested stakeholders seeks to draw lessons from more than a decade of providing budget support. It invites views and evidence on both the opportunities of this tool for the future and on challenges remaining to improve its quality, value for money and impact. With five years to go on the 2015 deadline of the Millennium Development Goals, the Commission wants to ensure that EU development assistance reaches its full potential in our partner countries.
- 22/10/10 - EU and the Government of Mozambique sign a Financing Agreement worth a total of €5.2 million to support the Action Plan for Food Production through PROAGRI
The Government of Mozambique was recently allocated €5.2 million in sectoral budget support as part of the EU's rapid response to the rising food prices in developing countries (Food Facility) . The Government of Mozambique and the European Union signed the Financing Agreement for this commitment on 22 October, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
- 18/10/10 - The Courier latest issue [4 MB]
- 29/07/10 - Seminar on the Dialogue between Government and Civil Society in Mozambique
In order to promote the dialogue between non-state actors and the Government of Mozambique, the European Union Delegation in Maputo, in strict collaboration with the Cabinet of the National Authorising Officer for the cooperation between Mozambique and the EU, organised on 19th July 2010, a seminar on the dialogue between civil society and the Government.
- 20/07/10 - Commission allocates € 5million for short-term food assistance in four countries of south-east Africa, including Mozambique
European Commission decided on the 16th of July to allocate € 5 million to support the protection of livelihoods of vulnerable populations in the disaster-prone regions of south-east African and south-west Indian Ocean. This aid will promote disaster preparedness by providing short-term food security, short-term livelihood support, and other support activities in Comoros, Madagascar, Malawi and Mozambique.
- 05/07/10 - The ACP Courier May/June issue now available [3 MB]
- 20/06/10 - Joint Statement by Commissioners Malmström and Georgieva on World Refugee Day
World Refugee Day is an occasion to turn our thoughts to the millions of people around the world who have no choice but to leave their homes because of persecution and conflict. It is also the occasion to remind ourselves that offering asylum to those who need it is an obligation, deriving from Europe's long tradition of humanitarianism and its international commitment to protecting the weak and vulnerable.
- 04/06/10 - Government of Mozambique and European Union sign Financing Agreement to support the institutional development of the Ministry of Home Affairs
The Government of Mozambique and the European Commission signed on 4 June 2010 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation a Financing Agreement for a total of €7 million, as part of cooperation under the 10th European Development Fund.
- 25/05/10 - European Union supports youth project in Southern Africa
- 17/05/10 -
- 10/05/10 - IX European Film Cycle in Maputo [2 MB]
- 03/05/10 - Commission launches 2010 Lorenzo Natali Prize for development journalism
World Press Freedom Day: Commission launches 2010 Lorenzo Natali Prize for development journalismOn World Press Freedom Day on 3 May the Commission will officially launch the Lorenzo Natali Prize for 2010. The international prize is awarded in partnership with Reporters Without Borders and the World Association of Newspapers to the best journalism on development, democracy and human rights.
- 22/04/10 - EU Action Against AIDS
European Union Delegations in Southern Africa met in Windhoek and renewed commitment to helping host countries fight HIV/SIDA
- 15/04/10 - [292 KB]
- 08/03/10 - International Women's Day
Fifteen years after the groundbreaking Fourth World Conference on Women, which was held in Beijing in 1995, the international community has clear legal norms on the prohibition of discrimination and the active promotion of gender equality and women's empowerment. These norms are accepted in all countries of the world as part of human rights law. The international community is also equipped with bodies that can effectively monitor the implementation of women's rights. This is the case of the UN Committee on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (the 'CEDAW Committee') and the recently-established Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on violence against women in conflict situations.
- 02/03/10 - European and SADC EPA region stakeholders discuss benefits of EU-SADC Economic Partnership Agreement in Maputo
- 25/02/10 -
- 15/02/10 - Presentation of the Final Report of the European Union Electoral Observation Mission
The European Union Electoral Observation Mission (EU EOM) informs that the presentation of the Final Report will take place tomorrow on 16 February 2010 at 3pm in Hotel Afrin. The presentation will be made by Ms Fiona Hall, the Chief Observer. We kindly invite members of your institution to be present at this press conference.