Speech writing competition – Climate Change and connected environmental issues in Mozambique (30/09/2015)
Speech writing competition – Climate Change and connected environmental issues in Mozambique
What would you like the Ambassador of the European Union to Mozambique to say during his speech at the opening of the 1st EU-week in Maputo? It's up to you to decide, put yourself in the shoes of the Ambassador.
In the context of the 1st EU-week in Maputo, December 2015, the Delegation of the European Union to Mozambique announces the launching of a speech writing competition where you have the chance of voicing your view on climate change and connected environmental issues in Mozambique. We invite you to participate in this competition through writing a speech about this topic. How does climate change impact us and what can we do to find solutions? What problems do you see in your local environment, who should be responsible to address these issues and what can we all do to contribute to a better environment? Unleash your creativity and help us shed light on one of the major global challenges of our time.
Imagine that you are addressing a big audience including policy makers, local authorities, NGOs, journalists and diplomats, but don't worry about being too formal. The important thing is that you adopt you style and tone in order to pass your message to the audience. Don't forget - it's a speech!
Competition rules and guidelines:
Please note that by entering into the competition, you also agree to the rules mentioned below.
- The contest is open to all persons residing in Mozambique.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Add your name, phone number, address, profession, age and nationality in the e-mail.
- Deadline for submitted work is 10 November 2015.
- The speech should be clearly linked to the theme, written in Portuguese and around 1500 words long.
- Submitted work will be judged on the basis of overall quality, originality and the relevance of the message conveyed in regards to the theme by a panel of five persons, including persons from Mozambique and the EU with relevant experience.
- The jury's' decision is final.
- There will be three winning entries classified in the following categories: - 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions with the prizes being vouchers for books. The first prize will have a value of 15 000Mts, the second 10 000Mts and the third 5000Mts.
- The winner will be invited to attend the opening of the EU-week where the winning speech will be held by the Ambassador of European Union to Mozambique.
- The winning entry will also feature on the EU Delegation's website and Facebook page.
- Entries are limited to three speeches per person and any entry submitted must be the work of the individual submitting it and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. Plagiarism, which includes the use of the language and thoughts of another author without being attributed to the author, will result in disqualification.
- Copyright of each entry submitted remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants the EU Delegation the right to use the submitted materials for the opening speech of the 1st EU –week, on the europa.eu website and in other publications of the EU for non-profit making purposes always indicating the name of the author, without any financial or material implications.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified.