EU Photography Competition - Terms of Reference (16/09/2015)
Photography competition – Climate Change in Mozambique
In the context of the 1st EU-week in Maputo, December 2015, the Delegation of the European Union to Mozambique announces the launching of a photography competition entitled "Climate Change in Mozambique". You are invited to share how climate change here in Mozambique can be seen through your own personal lens. How does it impact your neighborhood, your garden or your daily life? What can we do to find solutions?Unleash your creativity and help us shed light on one of the major global challenges of our time.
Competition rules and guidelines:
Please note that by entering into the competition, you also agree to the rules mentioned below.
- The contest is open to all persons residing in Mozambique.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, preferably in jpg format arround 3 MB, and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Add your name, phone number, address, profession, age and nationality in the e-mail. Also tell us about the title and the idea behind your work.
- There will be three winning entries classified in the following categories: - 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions with the prizes being vouchers for photographic material. The first prize will have a value of 55 000Mts, the second 40 000Mts and the third 30 000Mts.
- Submitted work will be judged on the basis of overall quality, originality and climate change relevance of the message conveyed by a panel of five person, including persons from Mozambique and the EU with relevant experience.
- Deadline for submitted work is 31 October 2015.
- The judges' decision is final.
- A number of top entries will be on show at Fortaleza during the EU-week, 30 November to 06 December 2015. The three winners will be invited to be present at the opening of the EU-week.
- The winning entries will also feature on the EU Delegation's website and Facebook page.
- The EU will print and frame the winning entries. Winners' framed copies will be on display at selected venues and stay with the EU.
- Entries are limited to 3 photos per person and any entry submitted must be the work of the individual submitting it and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs they submit has been taken with the permission of the subject(s) and/or venue/location and does not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- By entering the competition the entrants declare that they are the copyright owners of the photo submitted. Copyright of the photographs submitted remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants the EU Delegation the right to use the submitted materials in public exhibitions, on the europa.eu website and in other publications of the EU for non-profit making purposes always indicating the name of the author, without any financial or material implications.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified.