Vacancy for Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) – Language Assistant (Closing Date: 20/03/2015)
Twinning project “Strengthening of the standards and metrology sector according to the best practice in the EU Member States” (MD/13/ENP/TR/14)
Vacancy for Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) – Language Assistant
Purpose of the post: To provide interpretation/translation from English to Romanian/Russian and vice-versa during the implementation of the Twinning project “Strengthening of the standards and metrology sector according to the best practice in the EU Member States” (MD/13/ENP/TR/14 ) performed by the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB, Germany), Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM, Germany), Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN, Germany), Romanian Bureau of Legal Metrology (BMRL, Romania) and Asociația de Standardizare din România (ASRO, Romania) and as beneficiaries the Moldovan Ministry of Economy (MoE, Moldova), National Metrology Institute (NIM, Moldova) and National Institute for Standardisation (NIS, Moldava).
- Interpretation during meetings, seminars, conferences and workshops, other conversations from English to Romanian and vice versa
- Translation of documents, laws, regulations, training and lecture materials, information materials and other written material from English to Romanian and vice versa
- Assistance to the RTA/STE and other foreign specialists involved in the project in matters related to language
- Drafting of minutes and other written materials in English and Romanian language
- Deputy of the administrative assistant
- University degree as translator/interpreter. Experience in translation/interpretation related to the quality infrastructure, market surveillance, accreditation, conformity assessment, metrology and standardisation would be beneficially. Technical backround would be an advantage
- Romanian native speaker with the excellent English language skills. Russian language skills would be an asset
- Working experience with Moldavan public administrations, knoweladge of the EU policies and institutions. Knowledge of Twinning procedures and rules would be beneficially
- Excellent ability to operate MS office, including Word, Power Point, E-mail and Internet
- Flexible working approach and ability to plan and prioritize continually changing schedule
- High communication, presentation and organisational skills
Duration: about 24 months
Occupation: Full time
Starting: probably April 2015
Condition: “The project (language) assistent may not have or recently (past 6 month) have had any contructual relation with the beneficiary administrations”, see Twinning Manual, chapter 5.8.
Application: The applications (motivation letters, CVs and references) should be submitted in English according to the standard procedures of EU Delegation Republic Moldova per e-mail to Tamara Schramm: email@example.com not later than 20 March 2015.