Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser - Republic of Moldova (Closing Date: 06/08/2014)
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, Moldova
Reference Twinning Project MD13/ENP/FI/13
Contract type: Freelance
The Twinning Project MD13/ENP/FI/13 “Strengthening Public-Private Partnership (PPP) System in the Republic of Moldova” is seeking an Assistant to support the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA). Based at the Public Property Agency in Chisinau, the Assistant will assist the RTA and the team of German, Czech and Slovenian experts, working closely and supporting them in completion of their tasks and duties. The RTA Assistant will be supported by a project translator/interpreter for language matters.
- Provision of support to the RTA in administrative and organisational issues;
- In particular, support the effective delivery of the Twinning Contract mandatory results, ensuring a good flow of communication and coordinating the different Twinning partners;
- Support for the preparation and delivery of working activities as foreseen in the Twinning Contract, including organization of training sessions, conferences, experts missions, etc. and in related administrative tasks;
- Coordination of missions of short-term experts and other foreign specialists in relation to the project;
- Performing necessary office management tasks, including record keeping of the RTA office expenses (petty cash), contracting service providers, payments of local invoices, monitoring of the project’s bank account etc.;
- Making travel arrangements and arrange meetings for the RTA, short-term experts and other foreign specialists involved in the project;
- Assistance to the RTA, short-term experts and other foreign specialists involved in the project in matters related to language problems or other problems due to being and working in a foreign country;
- Preparation of the required documentation for experts missions: Terms of Reference, Mission Certificates, Side Letters;
- Organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences, including meetings of the steering committee of the project;
- Drafting minutes of meetings;
- Drafting and editing written project-related materials in English, Romanian and – if necessary –Russian, e.g. quarterly reports;
- Providing interpretation and translation services (from Romanian into English and from English into Romanian) in the absence of the translator/interpreter or according to RTA’s instructions;
- Other duties and ad-hoc support to the RTA in the Beneficiary country, including advice and guidance on local issues and translation/interpretation when needed.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Public Administration, Management or any otherdiscipline relevant for the position;
- Experience in management, incl. basic accounting;
- Strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue) and Russian (will be considered as an asset);
- Experience in organising workshops and meetings;
- Good computer skills, including MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point);
- Experience in drafting and contributing to reports;
- Excellent written and oral communication skill;
- Ability to work in an international team.
Besides the following attributes would be an asset:
- Experience as RTA Assistant in Twinning projects or experience with the implementation of projects funded by the EU;
- Knowledge of the German language;
- Experience from the work in an international environment;
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the Moldovan Public Administration;
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions.
Conditions of employment
The successful applicant will be a self-employed independent consultant and she/he will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force, including for those related to medical and social insurance.
The assignment is full-time; the RTA Assistant contract will run from the date of the signature throughout the period of implementation of the Twinning Contract. The Twinning project end is estimated in December 2015 (optional prolongation is possible). The remuneration consists of € 1.100,00 per month and the contract will be signed for the period of September 1, 2014 – January 5, 2016.
NOTE: Twinning Manual foresees that the chosen assistant is not a civil servant or agent of the beneficiary (past 6 months) nor is on leave from the beneficiary to take up the position of the project assistant.
Application and Selection Procedure
Please send your CV and covering letter by e-mail to Mr. Robert Krč, Ph.D, email@example.com till August 6, 2014.
Your application in English must include:
- letter of intention, signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with the eligibility criteria for the specification post.
- CV (Europass format) with detailed description of professional experience and education (with exact dates)
- copies of supporting documents (University degree, reference letters and certificates in the original language and, if available, in English)
Approximate date for interviews in Chisinau: second week in August, i.e. August 11-15, 2014.
Only applicants selected for the interview will be notified.