On the occasion of Universal Children Day on 20 November, Federica Mogherini, the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the Commission
AKTAU - Today, the third meeting of the Coordinating Council within the Joint Program of the European Union in the Republic of Kazakhstan and the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Kazakhstan "Strengthening the justice system for children and protection of their rights" was held in Aktau. The Coordinating Council meeting was preceded by the official opening of the Center for support of child victims and witnesses of crime and visit to the specialized juvenile court of Mangistau Region.
AKTAU - Today, the grand opening of the Center for support of child victims and witnesses of crime was held on the basis of "Meyerim" Public Association with the participation of Mr. Traian Laurenţiu Hristea, Head of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan and Mr. Yuri Oksamitnyi UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) Representative in Kazakhstan, representatives of the Akimat of Mangistau Region, representatives of central and local executive authorities, international experts and non-governmental organizations. At the opening ceremony all participants were shown child friendly rooms equipped within the Joint Program of the EU and UNICEF in Kazakhstan.
- 10/11/16 - Welcoming speech of Ambassador, Head of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan at the closure event of "Kazakhstan Regional Development" project (10/11/2016) [32 KB]
- 10/11/16 - EU-funded Kazakhstan Regional Development project outcomes welcomed in Aktau
AKTAU – Today the EU-funded Kazakhstan Regional Development project and the administration of Mangystau region reported on the results of their joint work focused on Mangystau regional development during the Building on success: The closure of Kazakhstan Regional Development project in Mangystau region event, which was attended by over 100 participants.
- 09/11/16 - The First Criminological Forum "Discussions in Kosshy" was held in Astana with the support of the European Union
- 08/11/16 - Opening of 'Learning center of Green Technologies' within the joint EU/UNDP/UNECE Project 'Supporting Kazakhstan's Transition to a Green Economy Model'
A Learning Center of Green Technologies opened on November 8th, 2016 in Astana. The center was created within the joint EU/UNDP/UNECE project 'Supporting Kazakhstan's Transition to a Green Economy Model' and it complies with Green Economy Concept of Kazakhstan.
- 01/11/16 - EU international experts spoke about victimization survey
ASTANA- Today the international experts of the European Union in criminology Prof. Dr Jan van Dijk and Dr John van Kesteren met with the students and teachers of the KazGUU Higher School of Law. The purpose of the meeting was to present methodology of the International Crime Victims Survey (ICVS) and discusses the ongoing victimization survey in Kazakhstan supported by the EU project “Enhancing criminal justice in Kazakhstan”.
- 28/10/16 - Astana and Almaty hosted the trainings on interviewing methods of persons deprived of liberty
ASTANA – On 24-25 and 27-28th of October a two day training session consequently in Astana and Almaty was organised for members of National preventative mechanism and representatives of the Office of the Commissioner for human rights in Kazakhstan on conducting the visits to places of detention and methods of interviewing persons deprived of liberty.
- 28/10/16 - 2016 STUDENT ESSAY CONTEST: EUROPE AS I SEE IT
- 21/10/16 - Astana hosted the conference on 2017-2021 National Human Rights Action Plan of Kazakhstan
- 17/10/16 - Welcoming speech of Ambassador, Head of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan at the "Information Day" of the Erasmus+ Programme
- 17/10/16 - Erasmus+ Information Day in Kazakhstan
ALMATY – Today, October 17, 2016 ‘Information Day’ of the Erasmus+ Programme has started its work at the Kazakh National Agrarian University (KazNAU). The event is jointly organized by the National Erasmus + Office (NEO) in Kazakhstan with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Commission (EACEA).
- 16/09/16 - State of the Union 2016: Strengthening European Investments for jobs and growth
"Europe must invest strongly in its youth, in its jobseekers, in its start-ups. The EUR 315 billion Investment Plan for Europe has already raised EUR 116 billion in investments in its first year of operation. And now we are going to take it global." – President Juncker, State of the Union 2016
- 16/09/16 - Statement by HRVP Mogherini on the occasion of the International Day of Democracy
Statement by HRVP Mogherini on the occasion of the International Day of Democracy
- 28/07/16 - Opening remarks of Ambassador, Head of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan H.E. Mr Traian Hristea at the Press Conference on the Contest "Start-Up Bolashak"
- 28/07/16 - The first meeting on procurement was held with national partners of the EU project "Enhancing criminal justice in Kazakhstan"
- 21/07/16 - International round table discussion on the Draft Law “On Probation” held in Astana
- 15/07/16 - Judges of the Kazakhstan Supreme Court improved their teaching skills within the EU project
- 12/07/16 - Citizens of Kazakhstan will learn who pollutes their environment
- 28/06/16 - Address of Ambassador, Head of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan H.E. Mr Traian Hristea at the conference on the role and objectives of the Commissioner for Human Rights in the modernising society
- 28/06/16 - EU-funded Central Asia Drug Action Programme discussed work plans with National partners in Kazakhstan
- 27/06/16 - The first donor coordination meeting of organizations in criminal justice held in Astana
- 24/06/16 - Joint statement by Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament, Mark Rutte, holder of the rotating Presidency of the Council of the EU, and Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, on the outcome of the United Kingdom referendum [29 KB]
- 24/06/16 - Round table on development of private forensic institute held in Astana
- 12/06/16 - Representatives of law enforcement and judicial authorities of Kazakhstan will study the Dutch probation experience
- 10/06/16 - EU-funded Project and the Ministry National Economy hosted an Interregional forum on regional development and management practices
- 07/06/16 - Statement by the Spokesperson on violent attacks in Aktobe, Kazakhstan
- 07/06/16 - Training on application of plea-bargaining in Almaty
- 28/05/16 - Representatives of law enforcement and judicial authorities of Kazakhstan learned the basics of strategic planning and project management at the EU seminar
- 19/05/16 - European classical music concert on the occasion of Europe Day
- 18/05/16 - Ambassadors’ Café for youth of Astana
- 17/05/16 - European Film Festival launched in Astana
- 17/05/16 - The EU and Council of Europe joint program trained investigators and special prosecutors on effective investigation of ill treatment cases
- 17/05/16 - Joint Statement to Mark the International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOT)
- 16/05/16 - Astana school pupils took part in Europe Day celebration
- 11/05/16 - Events Map: Europe Day 2016 in Kazakhstan
- 11/05/16 - The EU and Council of Europe joint program trained judges, prosecutors and the defense lawyers on application of plea-bargaining
- 03/05/16 - Declaration by the High Representative, Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the World Press Freedom Day 3 May 2016 [36 KB]
- 25/04/16 - Announcement on recently published Calls of Proposals
- 25/04/16 - The EU Delegation announces its three Calls for proposals
- 25/04/16 - The Concept of the Draft Law on Probation to be presented in Astana
- 22/04/16 - Joint Op Ed by HRVP and Commissioner Cañete : Signing on to a more secure and stable world [239 KB]
- 12/04/16 - The EU Delegation publishes its Work Programme for grants in 2016 [55 KB]
- 08/04/16 - The EU launched a new project on enhancing criminal justice in Kazakhstan
- 06/04/16 - The European Union provides training on administrative justice and procedure for Kazakh lawyers and judges
- 21/03/16 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the Parliamentary Elections in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- 10/03/16 - 15th EU - Kazakhstan Cooperation Committee
- 24/02/16 - Opening remarks of Ambassador, Head of the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan H.E. Mr Traian Hristea at the Press Conference of the EU funded project "Supporting Kazakhstan’s Transition to a Green Economy Model"
- 22/02/16 - East Kazakhstan Regional Commission for Juvenile Affairs extended meeting held in Oskemen
- 16/02/16 - EU-Kazakhstan bilateral energy cooperation discussed in Astana
- 05/02/16 - Expert meeting: EU partnership with Central Asian region discussed at KazISS