Euro Summit of 7 July 2015 on Greece: Remarks by President Donald Tusk
EU News 187/2015
European Council President Donald Tusk read out the statement agreed by leaders at tonight's Euro Summit:
1. We met tonight to discuss the serious situation in Greece. We noted that the euro area authorities stand ready to do whatever is necessary to ensure the financial stability of the euro area as a whole.
2. Following the Greek referendum, Prime Minister Tsipras committed to present a new request for a programme within the framework set by the ESM Treaty, including strict policy conditionality.
3. We agreed to urgently examine whether it is possible to establish a basis for finding an agreement that respects existing commitments and our common rules.
4. The Greek government will on Thursday 9 July at the latest set out in detail its proposals for a comprehensive and specific reform agenda for assessment by the three Institutions to be presented to the Euro Group.
5. The Heads of State or Government will meet on Sunday 12 July.
Source and additional information:
Mr Donald TUSK, President of the European Council. Shoot location: Brussels - BELGIUM. Shoot date: 07/07/2015 European Council (C)EU, 2015 URL