EU proposes new Joint Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy
EU News 121/2015
Brussels, 29 April 2015
Human rights will remain the compass in the EU's foreign policy and its relations with other institutions and civil society.
This week the European Commission and the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs Security Policy adopted a joint Communication on an EU Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy which will cover the period 2015-2019.
The Joint Action Plan identifies the following five strategic areas of action:
- Boosting the role of local actors
- addressing key human rights challenges
- ensuring a comprehensive human rights approach to conflict and crises
- fostering better policy coherence and consistency
- deepening the effectiveness and results-based culture in human rights and democracy
Source and additional information: