Press Statement after European Council President Donald Tusk's participation in a video conference on Ukraine and Libya
EU News 54/2015
This afternoon the President of the European Council discussed global security issues during a video conference with the leaders of France, Germany, Italy, U.K. and U.S. The talks focused on the situations in Ukraine and Libya.
On Ukraine and Russia, the leaders agreed
- to support the full implementation of the Minsk agreements of September 2014 and the modalities agreed for their implementation on 12 February 2015;
- to support and strengthen the OSCE's ability and capacity to monitor the implementation of the Minsk agreements;
- that there is a close link between sanctions and the full implementation of the Minsk agreements;
- that leaders will be ready to decide on further sanctions, if the Minsk agreements are further violated; and
- to continue supporting Ukrainian reforms and the Ukrainian economy.
On Libya, the leaders expressed grave concern for the deteriorating situation and a readiness to further discuss the matter.
The President of the European Council will use this discussion to further prepare the next European Council on 19 and 20 March 2015.
Source and additional information: