Vacancy notice - The European Union Delegation to the State of Israel is looking for: Secretary (29/06/2016)
The European Union Delegation to the State of Israel is looking for:
We have extended the deadline for submission of applications for this vacancy until Wednesday 29/6/2016 09:00 AM, Israeli time.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer a post of Secretary. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support in the fields of protocol affairs, general secretarial duties and back-up of the Delegation receptionist under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
- The post is a Local Agent group 3 post
- The weekly working hours are 37.5h and the working week is Monday to Friday
- The office is located in Ramat Gan
- The starting gross basic monthly salary is 11,212 ILS and is subject to taxation in Israel
We look for a candidate fulfilling following minimum requirements
- Proactive, team player, ready to assist others, quick problem solving and solution orientation.
- Completed secondary level education
- Fluent in Hebrew and English (speaking, reading, writing)
- 2 years' experience in similar duties
- An Israeli citizenship or a valid work permit for Israel
Following could be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the European Union
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to:
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV using the template attached.
The selection procedure consists of evaluation of the applications, in order to identify the candidates fulfilling the minimum requirements. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of 3 officials, and may be asked to do a written exercise.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to: DELEGATION-ISRAEL-HR@eeas.europa.eu
Closing date: The deadline for applications is 29 June 2016 at 09:00 AM Israeli time.