One (1) PROGRAMME ASSISTANT
The Programme Assistant position involves the responsibility of collaborating with implementing partners and other relevant organisations to ensure an overview of needs in the sector of his/her responsibility, pro-active assessment of project proposals, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of European Commission Humanitarian Aid Department (ECHO) funded operations by partner organisations, project advising on European Commission Humanitarian response to specific humanitarian situations and input for the development of ECHO’s strategy in the areas of operation.
Vacancy Reference: ECHO/PA
The following requirements must be fulfilled by the candidate:
• Holding a relevant first level university degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations., including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO/INGO, donor or national/international organisation;
• Good knowledge of the European Union (EU) humanitarian aid system;
• Good knowledge of International NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement;
• Solid understanding of the humanitarian situation in Ethiopia
• Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and standards ;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
• An excellent knowledge of English (verbal & writing).
As a part of a dynamic team, the Program Assistant will carry out activities under the guidance from the ECHO Head of Office and / or Field Experts in Addis Ababa such as:
• Field assessment and Monitoring of the funded projects
• Examination of partners reports
• Drafting operational reports
• Context analysis
• Attending operational meeting with partners, international or local organisations
• Other operational support to the office.
Applications should be in English and include:
• cover letter,
• detailed CVs,
Application of the interested candidates should be sent by email ONLY to:
Applications should be marked with vacancy reference ECHO/PA and must be sent the latest on 30th of May 2016.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification.