HUNGARY – Magyarország (30/04/2015)
COLLABORATE WITH HUNGARY!
HUNGARY – CHINA RESEARCH & INNOVATION COOPERATION
Priority fields of cooperation
Information and communication Technologies (ICT), life sciences, including healthcare and medical technologies; bio- and nanotechnology, including the development and application of new materials; energy utilization, including new and renewable energies, as well as development of green technologies; environmental protection, as well as waste and water management; agriculture, including food processing, food safety and security, animal husbandry, fish breeding and farming technologies.
- Sino-Hungarian Joint Laboratory of Environmental Science, in which the partners are: China University of Geosciences, Wuhan – Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest
- Ongoing discussion on Wigner Physics Institute of HAS – CAS Lanzhou Modern Physics Hungarian Joint Laboratory
- Modern Applied Physics laboratories with various Chinese partners (Wigner Institute HAS)
Information on bilateral agreements
- Between the Government of Hungary and the Government of People’s Republic of China there is an Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation from 2002. For the purpose of implementation of the Agreement, Joint Committee for Scientific and Technological Cooperation was established, which consist of government representatives and experts designated by each party.
- The Joint Committee has a meeting in every two years last one was held in Beijing in 2013, next session planned to be held in Hungary, in 2015.
- Between the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences there is an Agreement on Scientific Cooperation from 1984. In 2014 they signed an agreement for developing a “Modern China and Hungary” researchers’ cooperation with the aim of integrating researchers involved in Chinese/Hungarian studies and researchers with Chinese/Hungarian research interests.
- The Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Sciences signed agreement on establishment of joint laboratories in 2014, which is based on the existing exchange of relevant institutions and a strong need to collaborate in designated fields of common interest.
HUNGARY FUNDING PROGRAMMES
- National Scientific Research Fund (OTKA) – basic research
- Hungarian-Chinese S&T Cooperation Projects – hard sciences
- Hungarian Scholarship Board - full and partial PhD Programme, postgraduate studies, post-doc studies and research scholarships, research stays for high-ranking academics
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences: Visiting Scientist Programme, “Momentum” Research Programme, Postdoctoral Research Programme, Domus Hungary Scholarship
- Stipendium Hungaricum
MORE INFORMATION AND USEFUL LINKS