COLLABORATE WITH ROMANIA!
Presentation given during the 2015 Research and Innovation Tour
ROMANIA – CHINA RESEARCH & INNOVATION COOPERATION
Priority fields of cooperation
There are no specific priority fields in relation to the calls for proposals for the Romanian-Chinese R&D S&T cooperation. Most of the joint research projects developed under the Joint Committee are in the fields of material sciences, biology, agriculture and food, new breeds, energy and environment.
Main initiatives and programmes
- 26 joint research projects currently under development within the Joint Committee framework.
- Bilateral arrangements between research institutes, universities, and academia in Romania and China
- Mobility schemes (scholarship programs for doctoral and post-doctoral researchers).
- In August 2013, the first Joint Green Innovation Park was established in Romania, with the aim of building a bio-reactor for the city of Avrig.
Information on bilateral agreements
- Agreement between the Government and Romania and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on Scientific and Technological Cooperation, signed in June 2008 and implemented by the Romanian Ministry of National Education and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST).
- The Romanian-Chinese Joint Committee for Scientific and Technological Cooperation has been meeting regularly every 2 years since 1953.
EU or multilateral joint initiatives
- Opportunities within ELI project (the biggest particle accelerator in the world currently under construction near Bucharest – to be finalized by 2017).
- Opportunities within Horizon 2020 framework
ROMANIA FUNDING PROGRAMMES
- PhD Scholarships for International Students offered by Romanian government
MORE INFORMATION AND USEFUL LINKS