COLLABORATE WITH LITHUANIA!
LITHUANIA – CHINA RESEARCH & INNOVATION COOPERATION
Priority fields of cooperation
Energy, environment, ICT
Main initiatives and programmes
The agreement on scientific-technological cooperation includes following measures:
- Exchange of scientific delegations, individual scientists and specialists;
- Exchange of scientific-technological information and documentation, samples of the materials and products, know-how and licences;
- Organization of scientific-technological symposiums and scientific conferences;
- Implementation of joint projects and scientific works, as well as Exchange of the results of researches and scientific works;
- Other scientific-technological cooperation methods, mutually agreed.
The agreement on cooperation in the field of culture includes the following measures:
- Exchange of scientists, teachers, specialists for lectures or study visits;
- Granting scholarships according to the needs and possibilities of the other side;
- Support of the direct contacts and cooperation between the universities of both countries;
- Support and promotion of the participation of scientists and specialists participation in the science conferences held in both countries.
- Lithuania 's mobile operator Omnitel, University of Vilnius (Lithuania) and China's Huawei Technologies and the University of Vilnius set up a joint research laboratory in autumn 2011 by signing a cooperation agreement. The laboratory focuses on speech recognition, cloud computing, designing applications and other issues.
- Lithuania‘s NORTHTOWN technology park signed a cooperation agreement with the EU Innovation Centre Chengdu EUPIC and Chengdu high-tech industrial park. The main cooperation fields are energy sector, IT, high-tech industries and environmental protection in technologies. Main objectives are active communication, cooperation in innovations, trade and investment and other bilateral cooperation.
Information on bilateral agreements
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Lithuania and the Government of the People's Republic of China on scientific-technological cooperation, signed in April, 1992
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Lithuania and the Government of the People’s Republic of China on Co-operation in the Field of Culture signed in November, 1993
LITHUANIA FUNDING PROGRAMMES
- Short-term Researcher Visits Funding Competition
- Support to Research Activities of Scientists and other Researchers (Global Grant)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Promotional Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates
MORE INFORMATION AND USEFUL LINKS