COLLABORATE WITH IRELAND!
Presentation given during the 2015 Research and Innovation Tour
IRELAND – CHINA RESEARCH & INNOVATION COOPERATION
Priority fields of cooperation
Agriculture, food, nanotechnology, biomedical (diagnostics & therapeutics); ICT and health etc
National S&T strategy with China
- Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is the national foundation for research in Ireland. China is one of four designated countries under the SFI International Strategic Cooperation Award (ISCA).
- There are currently two ISCA consortia led by University College Dublin (UCD) and National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUIM).
- In March 2013, the Minister for Research and Innovation, Mr. Sean Sherlock TD, together with the Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to Ireland, Mr. Luo Linquan, welcomed up to € 1 million of funding over the next 12 months by the Irish Government to advance science and innovation cooperation between Ireland and China.
- SFI enhanced the ISCA programme in 2013 to provide funding of 24 months, an addition of 12 months on the 2012 call.
- During 2012 researchers funded by Science Foundation Ireland were involved in almost 60 collaborations with researchers at Chinese research institutes.
- A number of Irish Universities and Institutes of Technology have cooperation arrangements with counterparts in China including the International College in Health Sciences Innovation with Shenzhen University which has been established by University College Dublin.
Information on bilateral agreements
- The Strategic Partnership for Mutually Beneficial Cooperation between Ireland and China signed in March 2012
- The Irish Minister for Jobs Enterprise and Innovation, Mr. Richard Bruton TD, signed a memorandum of understanding on Ireland-China Science and Innovation Cooperation with Mr. Wan Gang, Minister of Science and Technology, China, on 27 March 2012
EU or multilateral joint initiatives
- The Irish Government, particularly through its enterprise agencies, Enterprise Ireland and Science Foundation Ireland has developed strategic plans to ensure that Irish researchers and companies compete and succeed in Horizon 2020. Partnerships with international counterparts will be an important element of this plan.
IRELAND FUNDING PROGRAMMES
Irish Research Council
- Enterprise Partnership Scheme Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships
Science Foundation Ireland
- International Strategic Cooperation Award – China (ISCA)
- Industry Fellowship
- Research Professorship Programme
- President of Ireland Young Researcher Award (PIYRA)
- Investigators Programme (IVP)
MORE INFORMATION AND USEFUL LINKS