Speeches and interviews 2012
- 7 December 2012 - speech delivered by Ambassador David Daly on the occasion of the EU flag raising ceremony commemorating the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to the European Union
- 24 October 2012 - Speech delivered by Mr Andrea Nicolaj, First Counsellor "Vale the Euro? EU integration or disintegration?" - at the Australian Business in Europe (ABIE) lunch, Melbourne
17 October 2012 - EU ambassador explains why he was surprised by Nobel Peace Prize - http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3612401.htm
- 27 September 2012 - Speech by Ambassador David Daly to the Australian Institute of International Affairs, Victoria "Europe: navigating throught the current crisis - an exercise in resilience"
15 August 2012 - Speech by Ambassador David Daly at the Parliament of NSW - Launch of the publication " New South Wales: A Global Destination for the World of Business"
19 July 2012 - Asia + Europe = Australia? In 2010, Australia joined the Asia-Europe Meeting. Australia has strong cultural connections with Europe, but its geographic location puts it in Asia. So was Australia invited to join the ASEM as part of Asia or Europe? Many may perceive Australia as a portal between the two continents – particularly where trade and business are concerned. But when it comes to arts and culture it's a different story, with criticism that Australia doesn't exploit its potential. Listen to the broadcast .
- 17 July 2012 - Speech notes: Ambassador David Daly on Maritime Piracy- follow-up conference to CHOGM, Perth
- 17 July 2012 - presentation by Mr Peter Bekx, Director, International Economic and Financial Relations and Global Governance, DG ECFIN, at the ANU Centre for European Studies " The European sovereign debt crisis and the future of the euro"
- 11 July 2012 - Economic shift - It's a sign of the times that German Chancellor Angela Merkel has just visited Jakarta to talk to Indonesian President Yudhoyono. Helga Schmid is a Deputy Secretary General of the European Union. - Helga Schmidt
- 24 May 2012 - Europe Day speechby HE Mr David Daly at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
8 May 2012 - " Not all doom and gloom in Europe " says EU Ambassador David Daly in the Canberra Times
30 April 2012 – HE Ambassador David Daly speaks at the Arts Forum, Melbourne
- 16 March 2012 - Senior Adviser, Trade, Economics and Agriculture, John Tuckwell, delivers a presentation to the Monash University european Union Centre: "European Agriculture and the transiation to the new Common Agricultural Policy
7 March 2012 - European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science, Máire Geoghegan-Quinn delivers speech at the Annual conference of the Australian Universities
16 January 2012 - First Counsellor Andrea Nicolaj delivers speech at the ANU Summer School