Traineeship programme at the EU Delegation to Albania, Tirana (25/02/2012)
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The EU Delegation to Albania offers traineeships for university graduates. Our intense traineeship programme is designed for highly-motivated young graduates to get direct experience of the European integration process by taking part in the activities of the EU Delegation. This includes: informing the authorities, media and citizens about the European integration process and about EU institutions and policies.
Traineeships are offered exclusively on a volunteer (unpaid) basis for a period of 6 months. We welcome applicants of all nationalities and backgrounds.
2. PURPOSE OF TRAINEESHIPS AND REQUIREMENTS
The purpose of a traineeship within the EU Delegation to Albania is to provide the trainees with an opportunity to:
• have a unique, first-hand experience of the day-to-day work of the European Union Delegation to Albania, in a multicultural environment,
• deepen their knowledge of the various aspects of EU-Albania relations as well as with the European integration process and EU policies in general,
• familiarize with the functioning of the EU Institutions,
• put into practice the knowledge acquired during their studies, particularly in their specific areas of competence.
Interested persons may apply for traineeships in the Press and Communication area of the EU Delegation's Political, Economic and Information Section.
Description of tasks:
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the trainee will be closely involved in activities relating to information and communication. Tasks mainly consist of monitoring and summarizing the daily press, assisting in research and reporting, analysing information and documentation, replying to public queries, contributing to the organisation of visibility events, participating in meetings and conferences and supporting the administrative coordination of the unit.
Qualifications and skills needed: university degree holders and above, preferably in Political Sciences/Journalism/International Relations/Public Relations. Familiarity with the current situation/issues related to Albania's path towards the EU. Good understanding of the EU policies, good knowledge of Albanian media environment and public opinion surveys on Albania's European integration. Good drafting skills.
Competent in using basic computer programs for word processing, excel, e-mails, and internet browser.
Linguistic skills: excellent knowledge of English language (written, spoken and read); knowledge of the local language would be an important asset; knowledge of French is desirable.
3. DURATION AND COMPENSATION
Traineeships are offered throughout the year and the selection process takes place, in principle, twice a year.
The traineeship may not exceed six months, and candidates should commit on a FULL TIME basis, i.e. 37.5 hours per week, Monday through to Friday.
Traineeships are offered exclusively on a volunteer (unpaid) basis.
There is no specific application form. If you wish to apply, please send:
- A letter of motivation indicating your motivation for the traineeship with the EU Delegation to Albania;
- A letter of recommendation from a School/University (in case you intend to do the internship in the framework of your studies);
- An EU CV form (can be downloaded here [988 KB] );
- The candidate must not have already benefited from previous in-service training or employment (paid or unpaid) with any of the European institutions or bodies for more than six weeks;
- The Delegation is not able to recruit a European Commission Blue Book candidate who has already performed his/her internship. However, a European Commission Blue Book candidate who has never carried out a traineeship can apply for an unpaid internship;
- Expatriated trainees have to register with their national Consulate or Embassy. The Commission cannot undertake the responsibility towards the trainee in case it is necessary to evacuate EC Staff from the country.
Please mail your applications (original documents) to the Delegation of the European Union, ABA Business Centre, 17th Floor, Rr. Papa Gjon Pali II, Tirana - Albania with an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If selected, the trainee will need to provide the proof that he/she has suitable sickness/accident insurance coverage; for expatriated trainees, it is highly recommended to have a sickness/accident insurance policy specifically covering repatriation.
5. TRAINEESHIP PERIODS AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
• 1 April 2012 – 31 September 2012, deadline for applications 15 March 2012
• 1 October 2012 – 31 March 2013, deadline for applications, 15 September 2012
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.